Don't Leave Me

The next day, Wanda spent pretty much the whole day with Peter. She didn't mind; Nat was back and forth constantly from the meeting room discussing HYDRA and the hospital wing with Steve.

She and Peter were in the living room of the compound, building a model of an x-wing fighter from Star Wars, something Peter brought from his house.

"Do you think there's going to be another mission soon?"

Wanda asked, clicking a piece of Lego into place.

"I don't know, it seems to me that S.H.I.E.L.D. pretty much has a handle on this one. I'm not sure if they're going to need the whole team, if that's what you're asking."

Peter said, not taking his eyes off of the instruction pamphlet.

Wanda nodded. She knew if the mission was anytime soon, Steve would definitely be benched, but she didn't want Nat to leave again.

Peter looked up, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry about it, Wands, everything's gonna be okay."

He handed her the next section of Legos so she could attach it to the x-wing.

"Want to attach this?"

Wanda nodded, taking the section. It looked like the bottom of the engine.

"There!" She smiled. It was all finished. She outreached her hands, and they glowed red, along with the x-wing. Closing her eyes, she slowly lifted it off the ground, levitating it through the air.

Peter gave a cheer of victory.

"Wow, Wanda! Your control is getting so good!"

Wanda smiled, never taking her eyes off the floating Lego sculpture.

"Thanks, it's getting easier thanks to Nat's training. Can we watch the Star Wars movie, now?"

Peter had promised they would watch it after he explained to her what an x-wing was. She loved watching movies, and she was looking forward to starting a new one she'd never seen before with Peter.

"Of course! I even brought the first one!" He said, reaching out of his backpack to grab the DVD case. He went to slip it into the living room's DVD player, but he stopped.

Peter's smile fell, and so did Wanda's They could hear the meeting next door get a little more loud than normal. Wanda couldn't hear what they were saying, but it sounded like Nat and one of the boys were getting into a heated discussion.

Peter broke her thoughts.

"Why don't we go into the gym or something? Play some one vs one basketball? Or we could go to the kitchen and make cookies?"

Wanda shook her head, holding her finger up to her lips.

"What are they saying?" She whispered, heading over to the door. Her arm was reached out behind her, the x wing following. Peter stopped her, grabbing her arm.

"I don't think we're supposed to listen, Wanda."

"I already know about the base, Peter. What else could they be talking about?"

Peter shrugged.

The door opened, startling Wanda. She lost control, the Lego falling to the floor into a million pieces.

Clint stood in the doorway; his eyebrows raised.

"That's going to take a while to clean up."

Peter facepalmed.

"It took even longer to put together."

Clint chuckled, although his face scrunched up with worry. Wanda noticed.