K A A R I // U B B E

'I'm searching for the words inside my head'

"Teach me," Kaari caught Ubbe's attention as she sat on Ivar's tree stump as she watched him practice with his bow and arrow. 

For a second, Ubbe turned his eyes and looked at her as he pulled the arrow back before letting it go as he looked at her. "Come here then," he lowered the bow as he smiled at her. 

The young woman jumped down from the stump as she grinned. Her steps were small as she walked towards Ubbe. When he handed her the bow, she took it, her hands holding it weakly as she took the arrow from his hands. Kaari knew exactly what she was doing as she held the bow and arrow in such a way he'd have to help her. 

For years Kaari had been waiting around for Ubbe. She had always been too scared to do anything about it. Every time she'd tried to flirt with him, something had always gone wrong or she was too shy to carry on. 

"Oh, let me help you." Ubbe rolled his eyes as he came closer to her. 

She smirked to herself as Ubbe stood behind her, his arms wrapping around her before his hands held hers helping steady the bow and arrow in her hands. Kaari sharply inhaled as she felt his hard chest against her back.

"Hold it steady," Ubbe whispered in her ear sending shivers down her spine. Her hands shook as he let go of her hands. 

She let go of the arrow but her shaking hands made it fall to the floor not far from her. "I'm obviously not a good student."

Kaari bent over to pick the arrow up, her bum leaning into his crotch as she did. Slowly she stood back up and returning to her original position against his chest. "Kaari," Ubbe said her name quietly. "This is a very dangerous game."

"I don't know what you mean." She'd always been very good at acting innocent. 

Ubbe reached for her hands again as he steadied them with the arrow pulled against the bow for the second time. "Breathe in through your nose," his voice in her ears made her feel incredibly nervous. His fingers stroked against hers which were holding the arrow back. "And then breathe out through your mouth." 

She followed his instructions, taking a deep breath and feeling a little calmer. 

"Now, release." 

Letting go, she watched as the arrow soared towards the deers head. The arrow embedded itself into the right cheek of the dead animal. 

Kaari let out a little cheer as she turned around so she was facing Ubbe and pulling him into a hug. "I can't believe I just did that," she was so happy with what had just happened and felt even better when Ubbe wrapped his arms around her. 

"Maybe we need to come back out here and do it again tomorrow," he told her as she pulled away from him. 

She tiptoed up, placing a kiss on his cheek. "I'd like that, Ubbe." She moved out of his grip handing him the bow back before smiling at him. "Thank you." She walked away leaving him there, she headed off towards the direction of her home, she passed his brothers who were heading towards the training ground. She knew he wouldn't be following her, not today at least.