H E R J A // H V I T S E R K

Looking over at the battlefield, Herja's eye twitched when her eyes fell on Hvitserk. Holding the hilt of her sword tighter, she bit the inside of her mouth as she narrowed her eyes. Swinging her sword wildly at a man who approached her, she returned to the fight before her. She had to stop herself from getting distracted. Herja knew she couldn't beat him, she'd come up against him once in battle and only managed to escape with her life due to someone else coming to her aid. There was no amount of training that would help her defeat Hvitserk. She glanced at him again, his swings ferocious as he hacked down anyone who would get in his way. 

"We need to retreat," someone shouted as they ran back, a few people running in the direction Herja had originally come from. 

She turned her head looking at many people from her side retreating, she looked back forward, her eyes looking at the person who was approaching her. Herja held her sword up, she would never be one to run from a fight coming at her. Quickly, someone yanked on her top pulling her away, Herja growled as she managed to turn and run alongside the person who had possibly saved her. "I hate you," she hissed through gritted teeth before the person beside her fell forward, an arrow sticking out of his back. 

Herja stopped running, her eyes wide as she stared at the arrow before turning to the people who she'd ran from. Standing with a bow in his hands was Hvitserk, a smirk laced across his lips as at his side another male scolded him. 

Everyone around her had retreated, the army lead by Bjorn was staring at the young woman. She seemed to be the only one left behind, there was some cheers from Bjorn's army but Herja had allowed herself to be a lamb to the slaughter. 

Crouching down, Herja ripped the arrow from the body of the male who had tried to help her before returning to her feet. She marched towards the group of males where Hvitserk stood, her strides were long and it was clear from the way she moved that she was pissed off. The men with Hvitserk tried to stop him before he took a few steps towards the woman meeting her face to face. 

"I think this is yours," Herja grabbed his hand and slapped the arrow harshly into his palm. 

Hvitserk's fingers curled around it pulling his hand back. He'd fought many on the battlefield, none had dared to stand up to him quite like this though, especially not a woman. He laughed at her brave attempt as he shook his head. "This will be the very same arrow I put through your heart when I next see you," he threatened her harshly as he looked at the young woman. 

Herja held her sword up, her defensive stance taking over her body quickly as she balled her fists around the hilt of the sword. Hvitserk in turn did the same thing, the difference between the two was the looks on their faces, Herja was serious and angry, Hvitserk held a smirk on his lips. He was the first to swing his sword, the young woman blocking his attempt quickly before a couple of men pulled Hvitserk back. 

"This is not the way," one of them assured him as he put a hand on Hvitserk's shoulder. 

Another held Hvitserk where he was before the first man stepped forward towards Herja. "You should leave," he told the young woman. "Leave before my brother cannot control himself no longer."

She looked passed this man at Hvitserk before shaking her head. "It seems he has already lost his control." Herja could never control what she said. "He does not scare me, none of you do."

The man closed his eyes for a few seconds before pinching the top of his nose. "Very well." He stepped back and waved the other man away, choosing to walk away from the situation. 

Hvitserk looked confused for a second before he realised he'd gotten a free pass as his family and others with them walked away leaving him to deal with the straggler. His eyes looked the woman up and down, a darkness clouding his eyes as he took her appearance in. She looked somewhat familiar, he'd seen those eyes before. Blood coated her face almost mirroring his own, blinking a couple of times, Hvitserk looked at the woman, he knew there was only a couple of choices right now...