E M B L A // H V I T S E R K (P1)

When her husband arrived back from raiding, Embla was waiting for him

The glimpse she got of him was enough to make her a little weak. His hair was a mess but he'd looked like he'd been working out. He'd gotten bigger, more muscle on his body and he wore than fur set she loved so much.

She did not crowd him at the docks like his family did, Hvitserk pushed them out of the way to get to his wife though. She was radiant and beautiful, he had forgotten how lovely she was but seeing her again made him never want to leave her side again. Hvitserk cupped her face before pushing his lips against hers. Embla was perfect, her skin so soft and the way she tasted was amazing. 

"I have missed you," Hvitserk told her as he stared into his eyes, placing his forehead against hers. 

Her hands pushed some stray hairs from his face as she smiled at him. "I am glad you have returned to me. Please don't go for so long next time," her voice was sweet as she spoke to him. She looked so innocent in front of him right now, Hvitserk grinned as he looked down at her, everything about her reminding him of why he married her. 

"You're so perfect," he told her before kissing her on the lips. "I love you."

"Oh, Hvitserk," Embla wrapped her arms around his neck. "I love you too."

He put his arm around her, pulling her towards their home. "Where are you going, brother?" Ubbe called out getting the attention of Hvitserk who looked back at him. 

"I have somethings to attend to," Hvitserk chuckled making the young red haired woman blush. She was still not used to her life being so public and being with Hvitserk made it that way. He turned back to Embla and looked down at her, "You know I only want to be with you when I return."

Looking up at him, she smiled. "Let us hurry then."

Sitting at in the great hall, Embla leaned her head against Hvitserk's shoulder as everyone around them talked about the raid himself and Ubbe had been on. Embla was sad as she thought about the memories she had missed out on in the year they were away. They had gone from being married before Hvitserk decided this was what he needed to do. Now he was home though, she could focus on them and doing what they had always wanted to do. 

"You remember brother?" Ubbe said to Hvitserk as he grinned and held up his drink. 

Hvitserk nodded in agreement, "I remember. Mother and Embla do not want to hear every little detail of our time away though."

"Of course we do," Aslaug grinned, she looked at Embla and Hvitserk, the only one of her sons who had managed to settle down and find a wife. "Embla, you are interested, aren't you?"

Embla looked at her mother in law, her lips curled into a smile, "Only in the good stuff." Embla squeezed Hvitsek's hand as she held it. 

Hvitserk kissed her fire red hair, "There was little good. Most of it bad. I did bring you a small gift home though," he reached into his pocket but the atmosphere was disturbed when the doors to the great hall flung open with two guards who rushed in. 

Everyone looked over to the doors, silence hitting the room before a sound penetrated everyone's ears. A baby's cry filled the room, Aslaug stood up first followed by Embla who let go of Hvitserk's hand. She looked at the guards, one was holding a baby, the other was holding a distraught looking woman. 

"Who is this?" Aslaug asked loudly to the guards. 

Embla felt Hvitserk pull her back down, she sat down linking her fingers back through his. "Do not concern yourself with such matters," he told his wife as he put his head close to hers. 

"I cannot look after my son," the woman cried out. "His father must take him."

Hvitserk kissed his wife on the cheek, "We should get out of here. I still have a present for you."

"I don't think this is really required," Aslaug took the baby and gave it back to the woman who was the mother. "The father of your child, where is he? Is he not your husband?"

The woman rocked the baby, the quiet hitting the room. "I have traveled a long way. I cannot return with this baby, I cannot be his mother." 

Embla and Hvitserk stood up ready to leave, Hvitserk glanced over to the woman with the baby and his eyes went wide as the mother of the baby made eye contact with him. "Embla," he said halting in his tracks. "I am-"

"Hvitserk!" The woman called out to him. 

Everyone's eyes were on the young Prince suddenly. Embla looked at Hvitserk, her eyes were wide as she saw the look on his face. There was no sound, she couldn't hear anything as he tried to touch her, as he tried to cup her face, to explain to her. Ubbe stepped in front of her, moving her away from his brother. Embla put her hands out, she didn't want any one to touch her, to even be near her. 

Backing away from the brothers, she blinked a few times, trying to focus on reality, trying to calm herself down. Her breathing quickened and her hands started to shake as she backed up hoping to get out of the room quickly. 

She stumbled through the door, heading into the private quarters of Aslaug. Her vision was blurred and her mind was scattered as the tears fell from her eyes. She needed to get away from here, to get away from the commotion that was happening in the next room. 

"Embla!" She heard her name being called as she walked through to the back exited. 

Turning, she looked at Hvitserk. He wanted to run to her and hold her but he could tell from her face now was not the time. "Let me explain, please."