K E E V A // I V A R

'It twists my head just a bit to think'

"And then," Keeva picked up her cup and put it to her lips. She drank a large mouthful as her eyes watched the two brothers who hung off her every word. A smirk crossed her pink lips as she held the mug close to her chest. Leaning forward in her chair, she let her voice come out as a whisper, "I kissed him."

Hvitserk and Sigurd turned their heads and looked at each other shocked by her words. They both seemed to move in unison as they looked back at her. "Now I know that's a lie," Sigurd raised his eyebrows as he leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest. "Ivar has never kissed a woman."

Keeva rolled her eyes as she leaned back in her seat. "I never said he kissed me back."

"He didn't?" Hvitserk looked confused by her words.

Sigurd shook his head, "I'm going to bed." He looked at Hvitserk, "You coming?"

Shaking his head, Hvitserk didn't look at his brother, his eyes remained on the blonde opposite him. "I will be there soon," he said before the two young people waited for the sound of the door closing before they spoke again. 

"Why did you not go?" Keeva asked as she allowed her friend to continue to top up her cup with mead. 

Hvitserk smirked at her, "I was hoping to hear more about you and my baby brother."

"There is no me and your baby brother," she mimicked. She didn't take her time with her drink, instead she was quick to lift her mug to her lips and drank everything before thrusting the cup back at Hvitserk. 

He put more alcohol into the mug before watching her. "So, he didn't kiss you back?"

"No." Hvitserk let out a strange noise which threw Keeva off. "What is that supposed to mean?"

The Ragnarsson leaned forward, he put his arms on the table as he looked at the young woman who drank from her cup. "Ivar is my little brother and I love him dearly, but, I am sincerely glad he is not here tonight. Have you not noticed how men stay away from you?"

Keeva furrowed her brows as she thought about the words she had just heard. "What?"

"Ivar wants you," he said as if it was obvious. "Ivar wants you and no one else is allowed to even think about spending private time with you." Hvitserk winked at the young woman as she sipped her drink. 

She felt the alcohol in her veins, she had drank more and more as the evening went on but none of the booze coloured her feelings. Keeva had always wanted to spend more time with the youngest Ragnarsson but Ivar seemed distant with her. When the opportunity came up to spend some time alone with him, getting drunk, she took it, she took it, got drunk and tried to kiss him.

Shrugging her shoulders, Keeva pushed out of her chair before getting to her feet. Gripping the table, she managed to keep steady on her feet. 

Hvitserk chuckled at her, she always drank loads and then struggled afterwards. 

The door opened loudly, Keeva didn't look up but Hvitserk did and saw his youngest brother standing in the doorway. "Ivar? I didn't think you were here."

"Leave," Ivar told Hvitserk. 

Keeva and Hvitserk looked at each other, she noticed the slight smirk on the lips of her friend before he walked away leaving only Ivar with Keeva. 

Ivar entered the room letting the door close behind him. He looked over at Keeva who stared at him. "What do you want?" She was still annoyed at the incident the other evening. 

He made his way towards the young woman, cane under his arm.

She let go of the table as she tried to move away from Ivar. Being drunk made her move slower as she stumbled. Her feet failed her before she fell to the ground, her hands steadied her fall but she didn't get up, instead she rolled over onto her back and let out a small laugh before giggling to herself. Her eyes stared up at the dark haired cripple who stood above her. "If you want me, why don't you take me?"

To Ivar, her voice was one of the sweetest sounds he'd ever heard, even when she was drunk. "What are you talking about?" He wanted to deny her claims but she was speaking the truth. He was just too awkward to do anything about how he felt. "Let's get you home," Ivar said quietly. 

"I don't want to go home," Keeva let out a long sigh. "Lay with me."

He closed his eyes for a second as he pinched the bridge of his nose. When he opened them, he stared into her bright blue eyes, he nodded. "Okay."

She watched as he lowered himself onto the ground before laying next to her on the cold, hard floor. Turning to face him, Keeva grinned at him. "Your eyes are so pretty," she told him. "I want you, Ivar. I know you want me." Ivar watched as her eyes slowly closed as she tucked an arm under her head. "I think I..." she stopped talking, falling asleep as they laid together. 

Ivar looked down at her, his eyebrows rose as he shook his head a little to himself. "I do," he said in answer to her statement. He laid his head on his arm as he watched her in her peaceful slumber. Leaning forward, he placed a kiss on her forehead. "One day."