K A T L A // H V I T S E R K

'Round and around and around and around we go, oh, now tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know'

My dream and sleep were interrupted by something or someone tickling my leg. Opening my eyes, I realised that the feeling was less of a tickle and kisses being trailed up my leg. "Hvit," the way his name left my lips surprised even me. 

"Katla," he returned my name, his lips moved against my skin before he moved up the bed and laid next to me. "You are so beautiful," he put his right hand on my cheek as he smiled at me. 

Even in the darkness, I could see his alluring grin. "I didn't think you were going to stay."

Hvitserk moved his hand down my body, his eyes following his hand as he stroked over my bare skin before lingering on my hip then pulling me closer to him. His eyes flicked back to mine, "I couldn't leave." 

Smiling at him I bowed my head a little as I looked at him through my eyelashes. "I wish you never had to leave," I put my arms around his neck as I leant my forehead on his chest. "Promise me you'll come back." I couldn't bear to look at him as I spoke those words. 

His hand travelled to my back, I felt his gently rubbing it as he breathed quietly. There was silence for a few minutes before he finally spoke, "You know I can't make those promises, Katla."

Moving my hands from where they were, I laid them on his chest as I looked up at him. His hand moved up my body before entwining in my hair as he moved it back from my face. "Why do you have to go?"

"My fate is not here, Katla. I have to leave, I have to do this, for now."

I knew he had to go. I didn't want him to, I wanted him to stay, I needed him to stay. 

Hvitserk stroked my face as he looked at me. "If I return, I'll return to you." He leaned forward and placed a kiss on my forehead, a soft tender kiss that sent butterflies through my stomach.