•1•

•1•

===========
chapter playlist
============

•this is all very new to me - barbara cook

•space girl - frances forever

•art class - bebadobe

•guts - all time low

"i wonder"

14 years later....

"Wish that I understood, 'cause it feels on so good!" 
The adrenaline was replaced with anxiety as (Y/N) finished, or rather butchered, that final note. 

The piano accompaniment slowly finished as (Y/N)'s vocal coach Liz, locked eyed with her, a stern but fun smirk on her face. "You know what I'm going to say, aren't you?" her coach asked. 

(Y/N) replied with a fast nod. "I totally butchered that note!" 

"You didn't butcher it, you just simply failed to hit it," Liz attempted to uplift the girl's spirits. "I know you can hit that, you just need to think high." 

(Y/N) sighed. Throughout her almost two hour lesson, she failed to hit that stupid high note. Her stomach and squiddly-spooch hurt from all her deep breaths, and her feet were sore from all her standing. 

"If I can't hit that note, I may as well kiss Cinderella goodbye," (Y/N) whimpered. 

"Hey!" 

Liz got up from the piano bench and faced (Y/N). "Sure you need to improve, but other than that," Liz flashed her student a smile. "You sounded beautiful." 

"Thanks," (Y/N) replied, now smiling as well. 

"So, shall we go over your showcase piece?" asked Liz as she began collecting sheet music from a top the piano. 

(Y/N) checks her watch and her eyes go wide, noticing the time. 
"I'm running a little tight for time. Can I come by tomorrow morning and we'll cover it?" (Y/N) wondered. 

Liz flipped through her agenda, being sure she had time that morning. She glanced back at (Y/N). "Does 7 work?" 

(Y/N) replied with a nod. 

"Alright, see you then," Liz waved. 

(Y/N) waved back as she grabbed her school bag and headed for the door. She opened it revealing the cool, breezy Earth day.