•12•

•12•

===========
chapter playlist
===========

•birthday - the beatles

•one day i'll fly away - nicole kidman

•tonight - rachel zegler and ansel elgort (see authors note)

•never grow up - taylor swift

"as is thy right and royal duty"

(Y/N) came home to a darkened house. It seemed dead. Even the robot parents didn't pop up.

"Hello?" she called, walking into the living room.

The lights turned on as soon as (Y/N) got to the kitchen.

"Surprise!" GIR cried, popping out of a giant cake in the centre on the table. Most of the six layers of the cake were still intact, however GIR was covered in icing and cake bits.

Zim rolled his eyes as he entered the kitchen. He stuck his PAK to (Y/N)'s, showing his affection. A startled (Y/N) turned around, noticing Zim.

"Happy birthday," he expressed.

(Y/N) thought she would have to force a smile, but she was enamoured with what the duo had done for her.

The table was laid out with fancier plates and cups than usual. In the centre was of course the cake, but also an assortment of human foods (Y/N) enjoyed and also were not capable of killing the aliens.

In Zim's arms, was a dress. She couldn't get a good look at it at that moment, but she could tell it was just lovely. Even though every part of her felt empty, her body reeled with excitement to wear it.

"Where did you get the dress?" was all (Y/N) could muster out.

Zim flashed a smile. "GIR and I made it, with the help of Computer," Zim answered.

"Whatever," Computer groaned.

(Y/N) took the dress into her arms, the fabric silky and soft. The pit still sat in her squiddly-spooch, despite the uplifting feeling given by her guardians.

"Now eat before everything gets cold," Zim grinned once more, that joy being projected onto (Y/N), expressing that through her excited, toothy grin. She ignored the deep pit still present inside her.