•2•

•2•

============
chapter playlist
============

•think of me - sierra boggess

•coolest girl - bonnie gruesen

•sing - my chemical romance

"do you hear that samson? beautiful"

(Y/N) stopped getting pre-show jitters ever since her first major role. Dance recitals and music festivals were a little nerve raking, but after performing "Castle on a Cloud" in front of large crowds for four shows within a week, (Y/N) felt like she could do anything.

Every show—including this one—after Les Misérables, (Y/N) approached it confidently and calmly.  Sure she'd get the occasional butterfly flutter in her squiddly-spooch, but she was rather serene this time around.

She stood backstage, inhaling deeply and quietly singing "No One is Alone" from Into the Woods, as she waited for red head Keef to finish his eye swapping act.

In a matter of moments, slow awkward applause reigned throughout the auditorium.

Keef proudly skipped off stage and caught (Y/N). "I'm sure you'll do great, (Y/N)! Tell Zim I say hi!" he exclaimed. (Y/N) flashed a gawky, toothy grin at the boy as he left backstage.

She inhaled and exhaled a few more times as she closed her uncomfortable, plastic eyes. The tension in her shoulders released as she began walking up to the stage.

"Please give a half-hearted welcome to the pathetic excuse (Y/N), singing...some stupid song," Miss Bitters announced, her voice level monotone and her face expressionless.

Muted applause once again erupted.
"Whoooo! (Y/N)!" cried the squeaky high pitched voice which belonged to GIR. He sat in the front of the auditorium beside Zim, who nudged his pretend dog, causing him to shut up.

Dib, who was seated in the back beside his little sister Gaz, was finally taking interest in this dumb show. His applause wasn't as loud as GIR's but it was less muted and he was now smiling.

Gaz couldn't care less. She was too focused on her video game which she managed to sneak past teachers to care about the action up on stage.

(Y/N) walked to centre-stage, the numerous spotlights in front of her, blinded her view of the audience.
She picked the black microphone off the tall stand as the familiar piano accompaniment to "Think of Me" from The Phantom of the Opera began. She closed her eyes, took a breath from her organ, lifted the mic to her under her mouth, and began to sing.

As she moved through the song, the familiar feeling she got when she had performed many other times, had returned. All other sound had been blocked out. No thought of missing a note, or screwing up had entered her brain.
The music was lifting her up above the clouds and into a far and empty galaxy.
She kept a romantic and peaceful smile on her face and a sparkle in her eyes as she waltzed through the song.