•3•

•3•

===========
chapter playlist
============

•first date-blink 182

•cinderblock garden-all time low

•idk you yet-alexander 23

•the sweetest sounds-brandy and polo montalban

"i walked with you"

The shimmering azure sky was filled with mild silvery clouds, covered by towering trees, lush with emerald leaves, only allowing so much light to pour in. Bushes and tall grass of deep green surrounded the dirt ridden, rocky path. Splashes of bright pastel flowers were sprinkled into the jade environment. Dirt and dry fall leaves were scattered around the path, being crushed under Dib Membrane's worn out red sneakers, and (Y/N)'s light pink flats.

The two walked beside each other in sync, listening to chirping birds, blowing wind, and the sound of crushed leaves.

With every step, the girl's squiddly-spooch twisted into knots. Her eyes swiftly darted around the forest, trying not to have them fall on the boy next to her. She would try to open her mouth to start a conversation, but nothing would come out.

The same could be said for Dib. It seemed so perfect. A perfectly fine day in a lovely environment with the girl he's had a crush on since 5th grade. And he couldn't bring himself to talk to her.

He was snapped out of his trance when he tripped over a twig laying over the path. His feet dragged on the ground as he wobbled up straight. (Y/N)'s head rapidly turned to Dib as he regained his balance.

"You okay?" she asked, a light chuckle in her voice.

Dib snickered as well, nodding. "Yeah."

With the ice broken due to his clumsiness, Dib asked, "So how long have you been, uh, singing?"

(Y/N) flung her head up to the sky in thought. Her mind flooded with snapshots of her years in musical theatre. Of dancing in a pink flowy dress and ballet shoes or foot undies at dance recitals. Visions of standing centre-stage singing her heart out at festivals and showcases. Singing, dancing, and reading through lines in rehearsal rooms during acting classes. The blinding spotlights and soft accompaniment while she stood on stage sweeping and singing about a castle on a far away cloud. Or when she dressed in an all white, Anne of Green Gables style dress, including a farmer's hat and bouquet of pale flowers. She wore white face paint to contrast the heavy dark makeup underneath her eyes, and danced in front of a graveyard backdrop. Her first show where she sang of dead witches in an outlandish, colourful dress which looked like Candy Land vomited on her.