35☕

❝Love conquers all❞

Five days had passed since Desiree had seen Elliot. Five days of hell. She could think now that he wasn’t there, but the only thing that she thought was that she had been foolish to let him go. Without him she felt empty.

Noah had been with her every evening for the past five days and sometimes even Mia came over. Their company did make her happy, but they were nothing like she felt when she was with Elliot.

On the morning of the sixth day she grabbed her phone as soon as she woke up and dialed his number, she wasn’t sure what his reaction would be but she had to at least hear his husky voice that she missed so much.

He picked the phone up after two rings. ‘’Desiree? Are you there?’’ He asked.

When she heard his voice she couldn’t say anything, it was like she had froze.

‘’Desiree please talk to me.’’ Elliot begged her.

‘’Elliot, I need you.’’ She cried as she clutched the phone close to her ear.

‘’I’ll be right there, baby girl.’’ And with that the line went dead.

Not more than ten minutes later the doorbell rang and she ran downstairs, she had changed into some black jeans and the first shirt that she saw, but she knew that she wasn’t close to being attractive. In the past days she hadn’t eaten that much and sleep wasn’t somewhere where she could relax.

She took a deep breath and opened the door. Elliot was standing there in black jeans and black shirt, he had dark circles under his sad green eyes and his brown hair was a mess.

‘’Hi.’’ He told her as he met her eyes.

‘’Hi.’’ She couldn’t control herself as she threw herself in his arms, automatically his arms came around her and his head rested on her head. She felt safe in his arms, he smelled like home.

‘’Fuck, Desiree I missed you so much!’’ Elliot told her before their lips were met in a passionate kiss.

‘’I missed you too, these past days have been hell.’’ She said as she held his face in her hands.

‘’Promise me that you will never leave me again, baby girl.’’

‘’I promise.’’

Desiree and Elliot had decided to spend three more weeks in Chicago with Desiree’s family. They had gone to Elliot’s parents’ house, but their relationship hadn’t improved at all.