32☕

❝It’s exciting when you find parts of yourself in someone else❞

Two months passed and Desiree and Elliot had now been living in their new home for two months. Everything was just perfect and their relationship had grew even stronger since they now had shared responsibility and a house to take care of.

Since Desiree had moved in she loved the house even more, it somehow had it’s own story and personality. She couldn’t help but wonder who was the family that lived in the house before they moved in, did they have a happy life there?

Like every morning Desiree woke up at seven o’clock to prepare breakfast for Elliot before he left for work at the hotel.

She was preparing some pancake mix, while dancing and humming a song when her mobile phone started ringing. It startled her since she rarely got calls anymore, except from Mia and the occasional call from Noah.

She ran to the kitchen table and looked at the caller id. When she saw that her mum was calling a shiver ran down her spine and she had a feeling that she wasn’t just calling to check on her. What could have possibly happened for her to call at that time of day?

‘’Hello?’’ Desiree said with a shaky voice as she answered the call.

‘’Desiree? Desiree?’’ Her mother spoke with a panicked voice, something was definitely wrong.

‘’Mum, what’s wrong?’’

‘’Dessie, it’s your father. He had a heart attack and he was taken to hospital. I am in the waiting room right now, the doctors are testing him.’’ Her mother sobbed.

Desiree didn’t say anything, she was shocked. Her father having a heart attack was not anything she had ever thought was possible. He was a very healthy, active person and he rarely got sick.

‘’Mummy, I’m coming there as soon as possible!’’ Desiree finally told her when she found her voice.

‘’Okay, honey be safe. Where are you?’’ Her mother asked her in a gentle voice.

‘’I’m in London, so much has happened in these few months, but now is not the right time to talk about that.’’

‘’London?!’’ Her mother screamed through the phone.

‘’Yes mum, don’t worry I’m fine. I’ll see you in a few hours, I love you and take care of yourself. Text me if you hear some news about dad.’’ Desiree told her as she hung up, she wasn’t in the mood to be lectured by her mother.

Desiree just stood in the middle of the kitchen staring at the cream wall infront of her, she didn’t know what she should do. Getting a flight to Chicago for the very same day must be close to impossible.

‘’Desiree, is everything alright?’’ Elliot asked her as he walked in the kitchen with messy hair, a reminder of yesterday night’s event and wearing only black boxer briefs.