25☕

❝Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul

‘’Where in the bloody hell where you?’’

These were the first words that Elliot received from his dad when he walked back into his house. His dad had obviously been waiting for him, his arms crossed and a look of pure fury on his face.

‘’Nice to see you too dad.’’ Elliot replied as he started to make his way upstairs.

‘’Oh no you don’t! Come back down this instant we need to have a conversation for once!’’ His dad screamed as he ran up the stairs and caught Elliot from his shirt and pulled him down.

‘’Let me go you son of a bit-!’’ Elliot started as he tried to break free from his father’s firm grip. Although Elliot was strong, John was stronger.

‘’Be careful of how you talk to me son!’’ He yelled as he sat him down in one of the kitchen chairs.

‘’What has gotten into you dad? Did you drink a bottle of whiskey like you used to do back home?’’ Elliot yelled at him as he gave him one of the coldest glares he could muster.

‘’Don’t you dare bring up the past, it was a mistake you know that.’’ John’s tone had suddenly calmed down as he remembered of the dark times back in London.

‘’Yeah it was a mistake abusing mum night after night and hitting me whenever I tried to protect her.’’ Elliot yelled at him. He was sure that the neighbors could hear their conversation perfectly clear, probably with a phone in their hand, ready to call the police if they didn’t hear one of our voices anymore.

‘’I told you to not bring that up!’’ John said as he rose up from the chair opposite him as if ready to slap him. Elliot winced, as if he had already been hit by his dad, in that moment it was like time had suddenly reversed and he was the scared little boy waiting for his dad to hit him so the pain could be over as quickly as possible.

Just as he was about to hit him Hanna walked in.

‘’What the hell is going on here? John step away from Elliot!’’ She screamed as she ran towards her husband.

John’s hand fell back to his side and just looked at Elliot with wide eyes, like he was realizing that what he was about to do wasn’t right at all, that it was his own blood that he was going to hit.

‘’I’m so sorry Elliot I didn’t know what I was doing please forgive me! Forget what I was going to tell you, you are a man now, you can make your own decisions, hopefully you won’t follow my steps.’’ John started to say as a tear rolled down his face.

‘’John,  I think it’s better if you rest, come with me I’ll put you to bed.’’ Hannah told him as she took his hand in hers and started to lead him out of the kitchen.