Intentional Mistake

OLIVIA'S POV:

"And last on our tour, my apartment"

I laughed softly as Grayson lead me up a flight of stairs and through a corridor. He pulled a gold key out of his pocket and opened the door. He stepped aside, letting me go in first.

"Grayson, oh my god-"

A tall male with brown hair came running towards me but stopped in his tracks when he realised I wasn't his friend.

"I didn't realise we were having company" he said awkwardly, running a hand through his bedhead hair. I gave him a small smile, extending my hand.

"I'm Liv"

"I'm Michael" he said. He shook my hand, returning the smile. Another girl came out of a room. Her blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun and there was a cigarette between her lips.

"Who are you?" she asked, nodding her head at me. I opened my mouth to speak but Grayson had appeared behind me.

"This is Liv"

I felt Gray's hand on my lower back as he came up behind me. Michael's smile remained on his lips as he walked into the kitchen area. The girl stayed where she was, giving me a strange look.

"She your next victim?"

"Excuse me?" I interrupted, taking a small step towards her. But she gave me a quiet giggle before following Michael into the kitchen.

"That's Lexi"

Grayson came up behind me, his hand on my lower back. I nodded slowly, turning around to face him. I could feel her eyes burning into the back of my head.

"Does she automatically hate people upon meeting them for the first time?"

"I promise she doesn't" he said, laughing softly. He took my hand and lead me away from them. We went down a small hallway and he opened a door for me. I walked inside to see a minimalistic white bedroom. The sheets, the walls, the closet. All white.

"I love this room" I said, stepping inside and looking at the plants in the windowsill. Since the room was white, the green popped out even more.

"Yeah my bedroom is actually the best room in the house" he boasted, closing the door behind him.

"Oh yeah?"

"Is that you doubting me?" he said, his voice going lower as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I smirked as his lips found my neck, causing me to slightly tilt my head upwards.

"I'd never doubt you" I lied, placing my hand on the back of his neck.

"No, I know" he mumbled against my skin. His phone vibrated in his jacket pocket resulting in him sighing and pulling away. I went to sit on his bed whilst he read the text.

I looked to my right to see a framed picture on his nightstand.

"Who's this?" I asked, pointing at the man stood next to him. He was handsome, dirty blonde hair and tattoos on his chest & arms.

"Oh that's Luca" he said, walking over to me "he was a good friend of mine, practically a brother"

"Was?"

"He passed away a year ago"

"Oh I'm sorry" I said, giving him a sad smile "I can't imagine how his partner must've felt"

"He didn't have a partner" said Grayson. I looked over at him as his expression turned irritated and his tone bitter.

"He didn't?"

"Well he did" said Grayson "but she fell in love with some other guy". I watched as Grayson clenched his jaw, looking at the sheets. I didn't mean to ask him something which seemed so personal but for some reason I found myself wanting to know more. 

"What was his name?" I asked, sitting back on his bed. He furrowed his brows as he thought about it, looking out of the large window. 

"I think Mason or something" 

I was going to ask more but my phone started ringing and I saw Trixie's name. I sighed and declined her call. The whole point of leaving Jersey was to get some kind of fucking break.

TRIXIE'S POV:

"Fuck" I said, throwing my phone onto Hendrix's bed. I'd been trying to get through to Mom all evening but she either missed my calls or declined them. The bedroom door opened and Daisy ran over to me with a happy meal in her hands and a smile on her face.

"I got nuggets!" she exclaimed. I smiled at her but felt my lips trembling as my eyes filled with tears. Hendrix walked in behind her, glancing at me as he placed his keys on the dresser. 

"Daisy I'm gonna watch the Lakers game so you should eat in your room so you can watch your shows" he said. Daisy rolled her eyes and walked out, closing the door behind her. I knew he lied about the game and his consideration over me just made me burst into tears.

"Hey come here" he said softly, wrapping his arms around me. He ran a hand through my hair as I rested my chin on his shoulder. 

"I hate them" I mumbled, pulling away and wiping my eyes "they argue all the fucking time and never wonder for a second how it might affect me"

"I'm sorry baby" said Hendrix, cupping my face with his hand. I leaned into his hand, closing my eyes for a second. I felt so at peace with him. Any anxieties, fears or worries just left. 

He really was my safe place.