Stay Away

NARRATION

Daisy's brown eyes fluttered open as she coughed harshly. She rubbed her eyes with the palms of her hands, the dust around her was intoxicating.

"Why did you put the kid in the cellar?"

She looked behind her to see a large wooden door at the top of some stairs. She stood up but winced when she noticed cuts on her knees.

"Where did you come from?" she said quietly, taking a seat on the ground again. She used the tip of her finger and gently traced the cuts, her eyelids becoming heavy as she did so.

"You used gas? You're going to kill her!"

Those were the last words little Daisy heard before she fainted on the wooden floor.

-

"I just don't understand why him?"

Olivia rolled her eyes as she walked through the mall, window shopping. Mattia sighed, following her as she kept ignoring him.

He hadn't left her side since he'd gotten to New York. Neither had he allowed her to have even a minute alone with Grayson. To say she was becoming annoyed would be an understatement.

"Because he's kind?" she suggested. Mattia rolled his eyes. He'd started doing that everyone she put in a good word about Grayson.

"What? You literally asked me a question"

"Just shut up, Liv"

They walked into a clothes shop, Mattia a few steps behind Liv as he watched her rummage through the clothing racks. He hadn't told her how he knew Grayson, Lexi and Michael yet. Come to think of it, he hadn't heard from Michael or Lexi since
they'd met at the beach.

"Hello?"

Mattia leaned against the wall as Liv answered her phone. But a worried expression quickly caught his undivided attention.

"Trixie please tell me you're joking" said Liv.

"What?" said Mattia. Liv covered her mouth with her hand, handing the phone to Mattia.

"What happened, Trix?" he asked, listening to his daughter cry down the phone about the missing child. Mattia clenched his jaw, preparing himself to say the worst to Trixie.

"You need to leave it alone, Trixie"

"What?" she said, he heard the pain and anguish in her voice and it made him feel so guilty.

"Trixie, this is Hendrix's sister. This is Hendrix's mafia. You're forgetting about the bad blood between our mafias. Trust me, I want Daisy to be found and safe but if Alejandro and Carlos find out you're helping it'll only put you in danger"

"But Dad-"

"You're forgetting that they hate you, Trixie" he said. He maintained a calm tone, hoping it would convince her "they still want out family dead, even if Hendrix doesn't. Please leave it alone"

The line was cut and he sighed, realising she'd hung up on him. Olivia hadn't said anything, she knew he was right.

"Come on" he said, taking his car keys out of his pocket "we're going to find Trixie and fucking take her home". Olivia let him take her hand as they walked out the store.

Something about the pair of them coming together for their child, something about it made her look at him in a completely new perspective.
-

"Don't you think it was a little extreme to kidnap a fucking child!?"

"How else am I supposed to get through to them?"

"She's 6 years old, Gray"

"5, actually"

"Are you kidding me right now, Michael?"

"Shut up, all of you"

"Okay but in our defence, her brother literally handed her to us so clearly he doesn't like Mattia either"

"This is all to get back at Mattia for speaking to Liv again? You kidnapped a child because of that!?"

"Stop fucking yelling. I don't even like Liv"

"So you're with her to get back at Mattia for killing Luca? Damn that's smart"

"Stupid, it's fucking stupid"