𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

∗

Walking inside the ball, Daphne was in a state of shocked, her brother was guiding her towards Colin and Violet. "Our sister has a headache. I am taking her home." Anthony told the pair that were conversing with some people. "See to Mother, will you?" He continued.

With a malicious grin Cressida said, "Daphne, you look unwell. Did you catch a chill in the garden?"

With a hasta look from Anthony he took Daphne's arm and took her out of the room, leading her toward the carriages.

On the other hand, in the Granville Household, Benedict was having a great time, but struggling with his portrait.

"Hmm."

"You have great potential." Ms. Granville told him but he interjected,

"It's nothing."

But Ms. Granville continued. "Though, for such a staunch critic of others, you certainly lack
a clear eye for your own work."

"It's the lines. Not what they're supposed to be."

"Take the compliment, Bridgerton." Henry told the man, "There is no expectation or judgment here. You left all of that back in Mayfair. You can feel free to be yourself here if that's what you should like.It's what works for me, at least. And I haven't been dissatisfied with my lines in... well, quite some time."

Benedict laugh. "Well, I've done worse, I suppose, really."

"Mm. Fair enough."

"I seem to have enjoyed myself too much this evening. I should be on my way." Benedict stated while looking at the clock, Viscount Veuilleton parted his way a couple of minutes prior.

"As you wish. But know you are welcome back any time for practice or even conversation." Benedict just smiled and thank him again before making his way towards the door.

Entering the Bridgerton Household Anthony said. "Thank you, Humboldt. No need to send anyone up."  Then proceed to talk to Daphne who was still on a rate of shock.  "I want you to know I am not angry with you. I do not blame you for what transpired."

"Do not treat me like a child." She grumbled. "I did this."

"He took advantage of you." Anthony stated.

"No less than I took liberties with him."

"You do not understand." Anthony intervene. "I should have protected you better. I knew his true nature from the start."