Thirty-Six

A large, dark colored wolf emerged from the den. Their eyes glistening violet as they stared into Ericka's blue ones. They sensed something was wrong. They guided her into the den and curled up, their head laying in her lap. 'What's wrong, my child?'

"Everyone has lied to me...and I don't know who to trust anymore." Ericka sniffled.

'Trust your heart.'

"My heart is torn into too many pieces, Raz. I don't even think I can trust my dad anymore. I'm sure I can't trust my mother, since she tried to kill me."

'That wasn't her. The venom of a vampire does strange things to werewolves. She had no idea what she was doing.'

"How do you know that?" She narrowed her brows.

Raz stayed quiet. They closed their eyes feeling the tug from the back of their mind. 'I need you to not get mad at me.'

"Okay...?"

'So help me Selene Varu doesn't kill me.' Raz whispered in her thoughts. 'I know your mother...really well. She is...an allie of mine. The reason I know what I know about the venom of the Vampires is because she came to me for help. She was in a panic, telling me she couldn't see right. She told me she could only see red, nothing else.

'When she realized what she had done with you and Dusk, her body felt like it was being torn a part. She felt like she was being controlled by two different beings inside of her.

'The wolf and the newly formed bat were arguing in her mind. She was going insane, which caused her to do what she hated doing the most. Harming you and your wolf.' Raz explained.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew my mom before?"

'Because I know you wanted a safe place to be without having to deal with family. Ricky, I know you better than you think I do.'

The poor girls mind spun. She had come to know the wolf standing in front of her well, but her nickname and secrets were always unknown to the she-wolf. "How? I haven't said much of anything to you life wise. And I have never mentioned my nickname to you." Ericka backed away deeper into the cave. She could hear Dusk trying to calm her down, but nothing was working. Ericka was about to explode. "You were the wolf I was hoping I could trust." She snarled. "But, you have lied to me too. Just like everyone else in my life." She walked to the entrance of the cave, "I guess the only person I can actually trust is myself."

Ericka fled once again. She wasn't sure where she was going to go. She just needed to leave. Tears filled her eyes as she tried to keep them straight. Not being able to see in front of her well, she ended up running into a large tree. Her hands instantly went to her head and she felt something sticky on her head. "Damn it." She cried even more.

"Are you okay?" A girls voice asked from behind her.

"I'm fine."

"She's not. I can tell just from her voice." A young mans voice answered. She recognized that voice. It was Tyne!

"Can you two just leave? I'm having a really bad time right now." Ericka snapped.

"I can tell. Now what happened?"

"Nothing."

"Come on, Ericka. It's not nothing. You can trust me and my friend Ember."

"Can I? Cause it seems like everyone has lied to me lately. Trust is not on my great list right now."

The bright blue eyed girl gave a small smile, "I promise. You can trust Tyne and I. I don't break a promise or trust." She held her hand out for Ericka to take. Her left forearm revealing the same symbol her siblings and Shaun had in the same spot.