Bonus Chapter

Astoria sat outside on her front steps, waiting for someone. Despite what her parents wanted, she did it anyway. She was waiting for a friend. Someone she trusted, even if they were a completely different species than her own. "Tori?" A voice called out in a whisper.

"Over here!" She answered in a loud whisper, throwing her arms about so they could see her better.

The girl finally came into view with a glowing pendant around her neck. Astoria was mesmerized by it. "Ericka, what is that glowing around your neck?"

"It's something that isn't super important right now, Tor. You just really need to come with me. Some friends and I need your help."

"How can I help? I don't have powers, remember?" Astoria sighed in defeat.

"Tori, you'll get your powers soon. I just know it." Ericka encouraged with a toothy grin.

"Ericka...I turn eighteen in a few days...if I don't get them within the next few days, I don't get them at all..."

Ericka looked at her as the pendant around her neck began to subtly burn her skin. "Here...take this. I need you to keep it safe. Okay? Don't let anyone know you have it. And don't let anyone see it." She took it from under her shirt and lifted it above her head. She handed it to Astoria. The light slowly faded and revealed what the pendant was.

"What does it mean?" Astoria asked, looking from the pendant to Ericka and back.

She sighed, "You'll find out when we get to where we are going. Now come on, Tori, before it's too late!" Ericka grabbed her hand and took off. Astoria had barely put it over her head when Ericka pulled her.

"Can I at least put it on before I fall on my face and lose it?" Astoria asked sarcastically.

Ericka rolled her eyes in irritation and sighed obnoxiously. "Come on, Tori. You are so slow!"

"Alright. Alright! Sheesh, I got it on. Now let's go."

Ericka led the way and she led them to a large abandoned wolf den. Astoria watched as Ericka called a signal for safety. The same call was done back and the two walked in the cave. They saw the others sitting around a large stone table with a map of where Zandyr and his three accomplices could be hiding. Jayden was reading the prophecy scroll for the hundredth time. Winston had given it to them for safe keeping, but also for reference of the three accomplices of Zandyr's. He looked up and saw Astoria and Ericka. "Tori, do you know anything of this woman that goes by the name Widow? None of us have heard of her before."

Astoria shook her head, "No, but Lyn might. She's dealt with witches that have met with her. I don't think she goes for witches who don't have powers. She only goes after the ones with powers."

Shaun raised her brows, "Interesting. Do you know what she looks like so we know who we are searching for later?" Astoria shook her head again. Shaun sighed and went back to searching in books that were related with the Widow woman.

"What is this place anyway?"

"It's my dad's war room. There are tunnels that get here from the house. He wanted it in a cave for certain purposes, but I don't understand them." Grant commented and looked at Noelia. She shrugged, not knowing the reason either.

"Odd. Neat, but odd." Astoria sat down in a chair and stared at the table. "What language is this?"

The others looked at her. "What do you mean? Those are just symbols." Noelia mentioned.

Astoria shook her head, "No, it's a language. It doesn't look like Latin though. It's not Greek either. I've never seen this language before."

Grant took a better look at it and noticed some familiar words. "Dad has a book with this in it somewhere at home in his office. I'm sure I've seen it at least once. But why is it on the table?"

Ericka flipped over her pendant to see one of the words on the back. "Um...guys? Check the back of the pendants." She looked up and the others checked their own. "Look at the table and back at the pendants. Tori is right."

Jayden sifted through the scroll again, searching for anything on the words and pendants. There was one thing at the very bottom of the scroll. He read it aloud, "The words and pendants are one. They are the key to defeating the enemy. What in Selene's name does that mean?"