Twenty-Nine

The girls got to the small town where Astoria lived

The girls got to the small town where Astoria lived. Astoria led Shaun to her best friend's home quickly and quietly. She tapped on their door and a girl came and opened it with a yawn. "Tori, why are you here so late? You know my parents don't like visitors this late."

"Nerilyn, it's only seven at night. I really need your help." She moved to reveal Shaun. "She's burned pretty badly."

The dark haired girl frowned, "I'll help, but meet me in the S.H.E.D. I can't have my parents seeing a non-witch in our house."

Shaun leaned in, "I thought you said she was nice and willing to help."

Nerilyn narrowed her brows, "I am nice and willing to help. Tori here just woke me up so I'm crabby."

"Who sleeps this early anyway?"

"Healing witches do. We use a lot of our energy for healing, so we sleep a lot to regain all of it back by the next day."

Shaun pressed her lips together, "Interesting. Our healers use their energy, but not that much of it. We have to make sure we have enough energy daily to shift."

Nerilyn's brows raised and her light brown eyes glistened, "Oh? You're a werewolf then?" She heard shouting from the living room from her father.

"Lyn, who's at the door?" He called out.

"Just Tori, daddy!" Nerilyn shouted back and turned to her friend, "Tori, you know where to go. I'll meet you there in ten minutes." She whispered.

"What does she want?"

Astoria nodded and took Shaun by the hand. Nerilyn shut the door and Shaun could hear the conversation between Nerilyn and her dad. "I swear, all the adults in any species hate all other species besides their own." Shaun rolled her eyes.

Astoria chuckled softly, "This is very true. My parents are just so stubborn and believe I won't get my powers. I was supposed to get them when I was around the age of ten, but nothing."

Shaun almost choked on her own saliva, "That's a little harsh of them. I'm sure you'll get your powers soon." Shaun noticed they were going back into the forest. "I thought we were meeting her at the shed?"

"We are. S.H.E.D. stands for Safe Haven Elixir District. It's where healers who want to help other species go."

Shaun questioned the acronym in her head. She followed Astoria like a lost and injured puppy. "Are we there yet?" Shaun whimpered.

"Shaun, it hasn't even been twenty minutes yet. We're close, but not there just yet." Astoria told her.

Shaun frowned and let out an obnoxious sigh, like a child. "This is so boring!"

'Shaun, chill out. What has gotten into you?' Blu asked.

"So now you're speaking to me?" Shaun commented with a roll of her eyes. Astoria raised her brows and looked back, "It's my wolf. Don't worry about it." Astoria just nodded and turned back to face the front.

The Moon Phase Trilogy | Protected | Book One | ORIGINALOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara