Chapter 12: Training camp (part 2)

Percy and Annabeth were surrounded by the 'Vangaurd Action Squad'. Interesting name, it sounded like a comic book to Percy. He shook his head to get out of his ADHD rambles to focus.

He realized something and gasped and looked at Izuku who looked back at him. They shouted at the same time, "Kota!"

The Vanguard Action Squad either didn't hear or listen to them, and started rambling about Stain. Annabeth interrupted. "If you're so dead set on Stain's ideals, didn't you see that he recognized Percy and I as true heroes?"

The lizard one looked surprised. "So you two are Athena and Riptide. I'm not sure if I should be upset that you two for capturing him or impressed that you got acknowledged by him."

Percy blasted water at the lizard, Spinner, to shut him up. Spinner flew backwards and crashed on the ground. He got right back up and snarled. "Apparently the former works best."

Spinner lunged at Percy and drew his blade, which just looked like a bunch of weapons taped together to Percy. Percy uncapped Riptide and parried his attack.

Spinner stepped back, probably wondering where the heck Percy got his blade from.

Percy smirked. It was always a bad move to give your opponent a chance to attack. Spinner was so focused on trying to analyze Percy for weak spots that he hardly had time to react when Percy jumped at him and brought his blade down on Spinner's wrist, making the lizard man cry out in pain and drop his weapon.

Percy wasn't doing this to harm him too horribly, but instead to get him defenseless. Percy stomped his foot to create an earthquake, and making Spinner even more vulnerable since he was off balance.

-----

Annabeth yelled at him to knock him out, and Percy did so. Percy held Spinner's head in a bubble of water, only releasing when he was sure that Spinner passed out. Percy tied him up and completely incapacitated him with a water rope.

Annabeth looked at the person who called herself Magne. She might be a problem, since her quirk data said that she could magnetize people to make them attract a person from the opposite sex (A/N: I don't know if it's sex or gender because they're different things). The weakness was that it wouldn't affect anyone outside a 4.5 meter radius. Annabeth yelled to Percy, "Percy! Put Magne 5 meters above away from everyone!"

Percy complied, and Annabeth sighed. That was one problem out of the way.

The fight happened within the span of just a few seconds, so the villains were frozen in awe. Percy yelled at Mandalay. "Mandalay! Izuku and I are going to get Kota! Don't worry about us, just keep everyone safe!"

Annabeth told at them to hurry, before heading off to help the others. There had to be more villains in the forest. She gave the other villaine a good kick to the head before running off.

-----

Percy and Izuku ran to the cliff that Kota liked and saw a huge person about to smash their fist into Kota's face.

Izuku jumped to save him, and Percy stopped the punch of the guy with muscles outside his body.

The guy who looked like an older and meaner version of Bakugou grinned. "Welk, you two were both on the list."

Percy winced. They had come to keep Kota away from any villains, but one already was there. Izuku started sweating nervously, so Percy slapped his head and glared at him. That shook him out of his thoughts, and got him refocused. Percy put Kota on his back and got ready to fight or run.

The villain smirked. "You're Midoriya and Jackson, right? This is perfect. We were told to take the initiative and kill you two. I'll make sure to torment you both thoroughly, so show me your blood!"