Chapter 17: Work studies

Mr. Aizawa walked into the classroom. Annabeth waited with a bated breath. What he would say would decide if they could participate in work studies or not. Annabeth knew she and Percy needed experience in the hero world in order to help protect them.

She was already planning on asking Nezu. 'Wait... what if they refuse? Us first years have been targetted the most by villains, but if they refuse then this will prevent us from becoming better heroes...'

Mr. Aizawa went to his podium at the front. "About the hero work studies, which are like a more intense version of the internships, where you go to help pro heroes work... We talked about them at our faculty meeting yesterday, and almost all the teachers, including Nezu and Recovery Girl, thought you should abstain from doing them."

A small scale riot occured. Everyone was screeching about not being able to do them, while Bakugou just rolled his eyes. Annabeth realized he was upset about not being able to participate since he was too rash, angry, and traumatized to gain his provisional license.

For some reason, Kaminari used Ojiro's tail as a fidget toy. "I guess that makes sense, since we ended up in the dorms..."

Mr. Aizawa looked at them. "However, some think we won't be able to raise strong heroes with our current policies so we came to the decision that first years will only be allowed to go to agencies with a good track record of accepting work study students."

When Mr. Aizawa allowed them to converse among themselves, Annabeth chatted with Percy about this. "I most likely won't be able to go with Nezu. Although he's certainly a good mentor, he has never accepted interns or anybody under work studies of his before. That also means you can't go to Recovery Girl."

Looking around at Athena knows what, Percy nodded. "That's probably right. Who do you want to go with?"

That was a tough decision. A thought suddenly struck her. "Mirio Togata's mentor is Sir Nighteye. He's a well known intelligence hero and All Might's ex sidekick."

Percy looked away. "I trust you and know you could beat him any day, but I don't like the thought of him being alone with you..."

The naked thing never escaped from either of their minds. It might not seem like a big deal, but to them it was. Annabeth inwardly smiled. She loved this protective side of him. "Here, how about we both join that agency? I'm sure Mirio will recommend us since he's been trying to gain back our favor."

It was true. Mirio had been trying to apologize to them for the naked thing. Although he removed his clothes on national television during the sports festival, he was still trying to apologize. Apparently, it was because he was 'sad that they were traumatized and [he] got naked in front of them', quoted from what Annabeth overheard from him and Nejire talking.

Once Mr. Aizawa let them out, they walked to the third year hallway, looking for Mirio. A few people looked impressed by them, and a few people looked at them with lust. Gross.

One girl waltzed up to them. She was short and had two pigtails. A guy walked beside her, who had black hair that sort of looked like Crimson Riot's.

The girl turned her nose up at Annabeth. "Hmp. Although you're both from Class 1-A, at least this one's hot."

She pointed at Percy while saying that. He looked very uncomfortable. The guy looked at Annabeth. "Same for you, blondie."

Percy had to drag Annabeth away from slapping both of them. He failed. But Annabeth told him that any teacher would take their side. As much as they hated getting pity from trauma, it had its advantages.

They looked for a while but couldn't find Mirio after they left two bodies on the ground. Then they heard him being called to All Might's office over the speaker. Percy looked at her. "What do you think that's about?"