SEVEN

the next morning, taehyung practically jumped down the stairs.

he slept through his alarm and was running late which wasn't like him at all.

he was the perfect student, after all.

so when his mother saw him dashing across the living room to pick up his bag, she was thoroughly confused.

"tae? i thought you left already." she raised an eyebrow at him as she pushed her breakfast around her plate with a fork like a child would.

kim areum. taehyung's mother was an incredibly skinny woman with long dark hair reaching her hips. she had spotless skin, plump lips, a button nose, piercing eyes and pretty freckles. her legs were long and her shoulders were on the wider side. she looked like a model in regards to both her body and face. no wonder her name meant beauty.

taehyung definitely took after his mother in terms of looks.

said boy dashed into the kitchen, grabbing an apple frantically, "i slept past my alarm."

areum raised her eyebrow a second time at this confession.

her son? late? since when?

she wasn't angry about it, just shocked.

the reason she had thought he'd already left is because he usually swept away without saying goodbye a whole half an hour before now.

"i gotta go." he spoke before kissing his mother's cheek and disappearing out the front door.

she placed her hand upon her cheek in the spot her son had laid his lips.

did her son just kiss her? did her son just show affection? in fact, had her son just talked to her at all?

she was used to barely hearing taehyung's voice twice a week.

all this was too much to take in so she concluded that she had perhaps been drinking a little too much vitamin juice and coffee lately. maybe it was messing with her cognitive ability.

she shook her head, snapping herself out of it before beginning to do the dishes.

meanwhile, with taehyung...

the boy ran across the courtyard of his school, pushed open the glass front doors and then proceeded to book it to his math class.

when he arrived, he stumbled into the class, opening the door with a thud as it hit the neighbouring wall.

"sorry i'm late." he panted.

everyone immediately looked at him.

they all thought he died or something.

why?

because since when was the kim taehyung ever late?

his teacher was also extremely shocked.

"uhm, you'll have to do a- a detention after school... you can sit." she said slowly, slightly stuttering in disbelief.

taehyung immediately took a seat.

oh my gosh, i have a detention.

what the heck?!

i've never done that before!

fuck!

wait...

did i just swear?!

AHHHHH!!!

all of a sudden, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

he turned around and was met with the curious and worried eyes of his best friend.