TEN

the group of five made their way down to recluse pit along with the cheering crowd.

some guy named jackson was racing another guy named johnny.

apparently there was no hard feelings, however that was clearly a lie since both males were glaring daggers at eachother from their car windows.

they were gonna drive all the way down one side of the pit and come back to the starting line from the other side.

a girl named jiwoo stood with a bandana in her hand.

"you ready?!" she yelled and the crowd cheered back.

"ready... set..."

"GO!"

and with that she waved this cloth in the air and the two cars went flying past her.

the crowd cheered enthusiastically, jackson's friends were shouting his name and johnny's did the same for him.

taehyung watched in awe. he didn't even know they made cars that drove that fast.

another demon flew up into the air, their dark wings casting a huge shadow onto the ground. they followed the two of the cars, watching them from the air so they could confirm who won at the end.

watching the race was surprisingly more fun that taehyung had expected.

in heaven, stuff like this was illegal since it caused quite a bit of chaos. however, the underworld was pretty much chaos in and of itself so it made perfect sense to him.

it really was the opposite of heaven.

the race was intense, both boys nearly crashing into eachother at one point. soon enough, the crowd saw the two cars in the distance once again, coming back towards the starting line.

they began to yell and cheer once more as the cars got closer and closer.

when the two passed the line in the dirt, people went wild. when the two got out of their cars, their friends came to pat them on the back.

they walked up to jiwoo who held both their hands.

the flying demon, who had seen the end of the race from above, whispered the results into jiwoo's ear.

she nodded before turning back to the crowd.

"the winner is..."

"johnny!" she yelled, lifting his hand up.

the boy's friends came up to him to celebrate while jackson and his own friends sulked.

in the end, johnny got five gold pieces from jackson for winning since that's what they betted on.

in the cheering crowd, taehyung and jimin had adrenaline coursing through their veins.

maybe jimin was right: doing the things you're scared of sometimes turns them into some of the best things you've ever done.

coming to the underworld really opened taehyung's eyes.

heaven was boring.

insufferably boring, in fact.

despite the many tense, nerve-wracking and scary moments he's had in the underworld, he doesn't regret coming here. not one bit.

call him a masochist but he almost liked feeling those things. not because they were pleasant emotional sensations but simply because at home he felt close to nothing at all.

he felt like a heavy bag of flour but also felt completely empty at the same time.

in taehyung's eyes, feeling bad was better than feeling nothing.