SIXTEEN

another day of hell.

no, not literal hell. i meant school.

even worse: highschool.

easily mistakable for the actual underworld itself.

especially in the case of our favourite little angel: kim taehyung.

it'd been a couple days since taehyung's small episode. the one where he ripped a new asshole for those two bullies.

gossip spread like rapid fire in heaven and this was no exception.

soon enough, everyone in their grade had heard about taehyung. they knew that he wasn't as weak or pliant as he used to be anymore. they knew that he wasn't such an easy target like he once was.

however, one person in particular decided to test out those rumors for themselves.

that was their first of many mistakes.

our boy was in the hallway, jimin had already split off to go to his physics class while taehyung had stayed behind to get his textbook he needed for his own class which was geography.

if only he was prepared for the downward spiral his day and mood were about to venture on.

"hey there, kim." a tall boy shut taehyung's locker loudly as soon as taehyung retrieved his desired book.

"hello byungwook." taehyung grumbled, swiftly moving past him.

he caught up quickly, "well that wasn't very polite of you. greet me with more enthusiasm. aren't you supposed to be the golden boy? i heard you ran for class president... i wonder why you didn't get it?"

"i-" taehyung was cut off immediately.

"was it because you're stupid? nah, you've got straight As. was it because you misbehaved? of course not, you're a little teacher's pet. i wonder what it was... oh right! i almost forgot... it's because you're a freak, isn't it? they didn't want some mixed weirdo representing the grade." byungwook sneered.

"hm, and you didn't run for class president at all, now did you? and why was that? oh right! i almost forgot... you're too much of an airhead to even be considered for such a responsibility. they would never want a dumbass like you representing the grade even if the world was ending, now would they?" taehyung shot back.

"ouch! so the kitty has claws now? yknow, i like you better this way, taetae. you're a lot more interesting now." byungwook chuckled, pushing taehyung up against the lockers.

"this can get a whole lot more interesting if you don't back the hell off." taehyung pushed him back.

a big enough crowd had gathered around the little scene to boost byungwook's ego as if it needed any more inflation.

the crowd of students weren't really expecting much, though. they just wanted to see the verbal drama.

it's not like it would get physical.

it's not like taehyung of all people would initiate a real fight.

right?

i mean, none of the angels standing here had ever even seen a physical fight in their years of living.

there's no way.

there's nothing to worry about.

there's no way.

"oh, is that so? why don't you show everyone, kim? why don't you show them just how interesting you can make this?" the boy urged, shoving him again.

"i'm not a circus animal or the hired entertainment. i'm not gonna fight you just so people can whisper your name in the hallway for a couple weeks. i'd rather not inflate your already big head." taehyung laughed bitterly before beginning to walk away.