SEVENTEEN

the next morning, taehyung woke up in an unfamiliar room with jeongguk by his side.

he was fully clothed, thank god, but it still startled him initially. however, his memories of last night quickly returned and his whole body was overtaken with a strong flush.

~last night~

as soon as taehyung gave him the green light, jeongguk wasted no time and leaned in instantly.

when their lips pressed together, it felt like taehyung's entire body was on fire.

he didn't know how to describe what he felt during that moment but he knew that he liked it.

a lot.

was this how kissing always felt?

would it be the same if he kissed any old person?

taehyung couldn't imagine that if he was kissing anyone else that it would feel even nearly as amazing as kissing jeongguk.

he kissed back immediately although he barely knew how.

this was his first kiss and jeongguk could probably tell. this thought made him blush hard in embarrassment.

jeongguk's hand came upwards to hold his face, his thumb stroking the apple of his cheek.

when they pulled away, they didn't stray too far away. instead they leaned their foreheads together.

"that felt weird." jeongguk mumbled against his lips.

some people may take that as an insult but taehyung knew exactly what jeongguk meant.

"yeah." he replied.

it was silent for a few seconds before jeongguk spoke again.

"i'm gonna do it again."

"okay."

and so they kissed again.

~the present~

taehyung's stomach erupted in butterflies when he thought of it and that scared him.

he was getting butterflies over a demon.

he didn't even think that was possible.

he looked over to jeongguk who was still sleeping soundly and resisted the urge to reach out and touch his peaceful face.

he'd never seen jeongguk look so calm before.

he wiggled closer to the other boy and rested his head on his chest.

last night, after the kisses on the balcony, jeongguk offered for taehyung to stay the night and the younger had accepted with zero hesitation. he knew that there'd be repercussions for this decision but he decided not to think about it.

he didn't regret the decision.

he layed there for a while until jeongguk eventually woke up.

"morning, doll." jeongguk grumbled.

taehyung looked up at him with a shy smile, "good morning."

jeongguk instinctually kissed the top of the other boy's head and watched as his cheeks turned pink.

they stayed there in comfortable silence for some time before jeongguk announced that taehyung should get going home.

taehyung groaned at this, "don't remind me."

"cmon sweetheart, i'm sure that your parents are worried about you." jeongguk said.

taehyung sighed, "what would you do?" he asked.

"what do you mean?"

"if you were in my situation, what would you do? i need advice." taehyung clarified.

jeongguk thought for a second.

"well... my dad's dead and i don't have a good relationship with my mum. that being said, i think you should go home and make up with them." jeongguk advised.

"but they don't understand me, jeonnie. i never stand up to them but the one time i did, they didn't even let me speak until i started screaming at them." taehyung huffed.

"parents are difficult and sometimes they're pieces of shit but, at the end of the day, they're still your parents. i wish i had a good relationship with both my parents but instead i got fucked over so i think you should take advantage of the fact that your parents actually love and care about you." jeongguk shrugged.

taehyung thought about it and, the more he did, he began to understand what jeongguk had said.

even though he had quite a cold relationship with his parents, their bond was still salvageable.

hearing that jeongguk didn't have a father and wasn't fond of his mother made him feel terrible.

he didn't want to reach that point with his mother or father.

"thanks jeonggukkie." taehyung sighed, leaning his head on his shoulder.

and so they washed up and left the house, making their way to the portal.

when they got there, jeongguk planted a quick kiss on his lips.

"be careful on your way back home. don't get caught." he said, his arms wrapped comfortably around the small angel.

taehyung smiled to himself, his cheeks flushing, "i'll be fine."

getting away from the library in broad daylight without being caught was definitely a challenge but he managed to get onto the main street unspotted.

when he got to his front door, he took a deep breath before getting his key out and unlocking it.

as soon as he made it inside, he was brought into a bone-crushing hug. both his father and mother were sobbing, holding him tightly.

"where were you, honey?" his mother cried, pulling back to look at him only to pull him into her arms seconds later.

"we were worried sick the whole night. we thought you'd ran away. we went looking for you everywhere but we couldn't find you." his father said.

"sorry guys." taehyung mumbled, a tear leaving his own eye.

"no, we're sorry. we shouldn't have lashed out at you. it's our fault." his mother admitted.

his parents wouldn't let him out of their sight for the rest of the day and he almost felt embarrassed at all the attention.

so i guess they all lived happily ever after.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

•903 words
•not edited or proof-read
•HEYYYY
•kind of a filler chapter so sorry about that
•but hey at least i didn't take ten years to update like i usually do
•hope you guys are having a happy holidays!!
•STAY SAFE!!
•i love you allllll <333

peace out xoxo,

nixy.