FOUR

there were a few things jimin was expecting tonight.

one of them being to go to the demon realm.

another one being to run into some unexpected obstacles along his way.

finally, he was probably gonna get into a fight with a demon at some point.

however, one thing that he definitely was not expecting was to see kim taehyung waiting for him inside the alleyway at midnight.

now, don't get me wrong, jimin knew that taehyung cared about him.

they'd been inseparable best friends for years and were literally soulmates.

when one cried, the other's shoulder was there to lean on.

when one needed help, the other would drop everything to asist them.

when one was in trouble (aka jimin), the other would always be the first to make sure they were okay.

although, that being said, jimin still was not expecting taehyung to go through with this plan.

this was by far his most insane and most dangerous plan yet.

"oh my gosh! you actually came!" jimin whisper-yelled in excitement.

"yes and i'm already regretting it on an extreme level." taehyung replied, still shaking from nerves.

"stop complaining! you're here now so there's no turning back." jimin grinned, pulling him by the hand.

"how are we getting there, again?" taehyung said, trying to sound calm even though he was shitting himself.

"in the back of the old library, there's a hallway that leads to a section of the king's palace basement. in there is a doorway-ish portal thing that will take us there." jimin explained as they silently made their way through the dark street.

"how do you know all of this and why do you sound so unprofessional when saying it? are you sure you read enough of that book?" taehyung asked, concerned.

"one of the books i picked up in there had a map and i followed it since my curiosity got the better of me. that's how i found the portal in the first place." jimin revealed.

"you didn't answer my question." taehyung poked him.

"listen, i'm like 60% sure we won't die which is pretty high considering i only read a few chapters." jimin laughed.

"why are you laughing about that?" taehyung whisper-yelled.

"oh my gosh, be quiet. we're here."

when taehyung looked up, he saw the back of the old library.

without warning, jimin started climbing up the fence and, once he got to the top, he jumped before grabbing onto the windowsill to pull himself up and into the building.

taehyung watched in awe.

he knew jimin was a gymnast but the things he did so effortlessly still amazed him.

"how the frick am i supposed to do that?!" taehyung whined.

"just wing it, pussy!"

"stop cursing at me!"

"okay whatever, bitch, cmon before we get caught." jimin rolled his eyes.

"you cursed again." taehyung mumbled under his breath as he began to climb.

once he reached the top, he began to look down before jimin called out to him.

"nuh uh! don't look down. just jump." jimin said, knowing taehyung would freak himself out if he saw how high he was.