1. Who Is Xuè Shèngrén?!

.

.

'A rotten tree cannot bare good fruits...'

.

The tale started when another tale had ended...

The Kingdom of Xin Dao spanned miles and miles of seas, mountains, rivers, forests, lakes, cities, towns and settlements.

Across the thousands and thousands of miles, not many things could shake the entire kingdom...

There were of course, terrifying beasts, demons, and even a few ultra powerful ancient beasts. But these could only terrify the people in their own regions.

There were even times when the wind blew in the talks of war and there was unrest across the kingdom. But Xin Dao had not seen war for many many years.

And yet, the entire kingdom was undoubtedly shaken!

Almost everywhere, the questions were being asked:

"Who is *Xuè Shèngrén?!"

*Xuè Shèngrén - Blood Sage.

"Who is this sage who had defeated two of the top martial families in just three days!"

.

On one fine dusky morning in Camellia City, the capital of the Eastern Region, lanterns swayed slightly in the brisk morning breeze, and the fresh scent of snow filled the air, as a crisp chill descended on the large city.

Though it was still early, the streets were already teeming with activity.

A red-faced man dragged two stubborn donkeys which brayed indignantly, and caused passersby to laugh at the early spectacle.

Here and there, warmly clothed children played around with kites, fake wooden swords and other toys. Men carried loads on their backs or shoulders, while the women carried dainty baskets full of foodsfuffs, fabrics or some other goods. Some of the women had a child on their backs, or little children following around them.

Street vendors lined both sides of the road, enthusiastically calling out to the passers-by, arranging their goods, or chatting excitedly.

There was a small gathering of traders, 'trading' gossip, and of course, the 'hot' topic was, 'Xuè Shèngrén'.

"Aiya! I can't believe something so unfortunate happened right here in Camellia City!" Said one, as he arranged a bunch of juicy looking apples on his stand.

Another one, "And not too long after the New Year! 'From joyful tidings to mourning'!"

Yet another one, "So many lost their lives... The entire sect's cultivators were defeated so easily, and their faces have reached rock-bottom!"

"Exactly! Do they dare show their faces in public? Even the Head of the Zhao family and the twelve top Zhao cultivators, were killed by this Xuè Shèngrén!"

"Really?" Another asked, and distractedly walked into his own cart. The cabbages he had been holding rolled down unto the dusty road.

A few passersby laughed at the sight, and the man shielded his face from view.

"Did you crawl out from under a rock?" One asked him. "I say, even if your eyes are bad, use your ears! This news has spread everywhere!"

"But several of them were in the White Realm! Who is this sage, to defeat them so easily?!"

"I hear the corpses of the main family members are barely recognisable, because of how gruesomely they were killed!" Yet another one added.

"Yes yes yes! They were completely disfigured!"