61. Troublesome Boat Ride

.

The trip lasted for five days.

That was a whole two days shorter than usual, but in that short time, LanFen didn't lack ways to seek Shuǐ ChénLín's trouble...

It was even worse than the trip to Bronze City!

The boat was a lot smaller, so she only needed to come out of the boat shelter, to set her eyes on him.

"Elder brother, I fear that even when you're at the brink of death, you will still try to drink these teas at dawn!" She had teased him the very next morning. "Does your name have something to do with this?!"

Everyday LanFen found some new way to approach and disturb his peace.

Lu FengHo, who was somewhat used to both of them, had taken to sitting atop the boat shelter, and this left enough space for Shuǐ Chén to chase LanFeng around the boat!

On Shuǐ ChénLín's part, he ignored LanFen as much as possible, especially since he had an idea why Zhao LanFeng was bothering him.

But there were still a few times where his patience was severely tested...

"So Fènghuáng-Jun, I'm guessing you've not once kissed a Lady, right?" LanFen once began, and Shuǐ ChénLín's face darkened at once.

"Th- this irreverent, unruly fellow!" He reprimanded, but he was obviously flustered!

"Ha! I was right?" LanFen blanched at his flustered expression. "Do you just talk endlessly with Miss Lin?! Is it really only cultivation you've learned so far?!"

After which he proceeded to shoot his needles at her, forcing her to dock out of sight...

But that had been nothing compared to one particular instance, which had nearly made Shuǐ ChénLín sink the boat.

It had been a quiet evening.

The evening before they were set to reach Camellia City.

Lu FengHo played his bamboo flute softly, atop the boat shelter, so the air was filled with music and the calming sounds of water, shifted around by the Rower.

"Fènghuáng-Jun?" LanFen had found Shuǐ ChénLín as he was lightly meditating inside the shelter.

"What?" he asked, not even bothering to open his eyes. It was already suspicious that Zhao LanFeng had addressed him as 'Fènghuáng-Jun'.

"This disciple wanted to seek your wisdom... Is there a place in Jade City where a young, growing cultivator like myself can go and receive Enlightenment?" LanFen struggled to keep a straight face. "Somewhere I can learn and possibly discover new secrets in life?"

Shuǐ ChénLín cracked an eye open. "Oh? Are you finally displaying a desire to change?" he shut his eyes again.

"Hao. Start with the Shuǐ clan library. It is such a place. In fact, people journey from the four regions, just to study the many historical manuals and ancient dated text it contai--."

"My my, Fènghuáng-Jun is far too innocent!" LanFen cut him off and was kneading her brows.

"I wasn't referring to boring places like that! Elder brother Shuǐ, I meant, is there a good *Flower House in Jade city? Will you take me there next time?"

*Flower House- Courtesan house/Brothel.

LanFen hadn't stepped into flower house in years, but she knew it was the ultimate way to annoy Shuǐ ChénLín!

"Wh- what?!" Shuǐ ChénLín's eyes had shot open. He first turned pale white, then almost purple, then an angry red, all in the blink of an eye.

"Why do you have that expression?" LanFen innocently asked, privately enjoying his reaction.