104. Memories

.

Back at the present, Yin Long smiled a bit fondly.

"At the time, Zhao LanFen assumed I wanted her to avenge the Shadow clan, because I told her as much. But in truth, my life had simply become empty, after Lien's death.

"Until that stubborn disciple of mine, invaded my home." "And besides..." He turned his attention back to Yun Qin. "Zhao LanFen and I, had the same enemy..."

"Though she doesn't know it, LanFen's ultimate enemy is none other than this person before me."

"Yin Long, I'm not your enemy." Yun Qin countered. "Humans are the enemy. I don't seek to turn the world upside down. The world is already upside down. I'm merely placing it the right way up.

"You refused to understand me, back then, though I explained it time and time again, and you even corrupted Lien into doing such a thing...

"However, I will try yet again to explain it." He placed his hands behind his back, and elegantly paced before them.

"In the past, do you recall those long and blissful days? The years before the demon war?"

Zhao ZhuYong's and Shuǐ ChangSheng's neck had whipped sharply towards themselves again...

'Before the demon war?!'

'How old are these demons?!'

Yun Qin continued to speak. "The disease that was humans crawled on the earth's surface even then, far too greedy for the world to handle..." He sighed and shook his head from side to side, like he was explaining to a small child.

"The greed and ambition of humans grew and grew to an immeasurable high, and isn't that still the case in these times? Even now, the Sects are filled with so much greed, that it was too easy for me to slither in and gain control over most of Xin Dao."

Yin Long, "You insult humans, and yet you've been using them to do your bidding for thousands of years?"

Yun Qin, "Of course. One may detest the mindlessness of his own cattle, but won't hesitate to use them to plough his fields. I told you back then... Why lift a finger, when they can do every thing themselves?"

Yin Long, "So you still intend breed hatred and groom choas? You've been preparing Shuǐ YanXuan to challenge me, but that's not your ultimate goal.

"After he succeeds, you will reveal everything he has done to the world, and the Clan Leaders would no longer accept him as High Grandmaster. Which will lead to a massive conflict in Xin Dao. You want to start a war."

Yun Qin rose an eyebrow and smiled, giving a brief glimpse of Shuǐ JunHo's usual youthful air. "A war is exactly what I need."

He struck without warning, sending a dense ray of light toward Yin Long, but Yin Long raised a hand, and a large qi shield blocked the attack.

Shuǐ ChangSheng and Zhao ZhuYong instinctively used their arms to shield against the sheer force of aura, but luckily, they were still encased within the white shield Yin Long had initially used to protect them.

Yun Qin had appeared behind Yin Long, wielding a long black sword, which again, looked far too similar to LanFen's own, but as he attacked Yin Long, his sword was met with another sword, and the two clashed.

The ensuing force was unbelievable.

The floor dented beneath their feet, spreading outward in a spiral quake of destruction. A fierce wind blew about, sending several people flying, regardless of their side.

"Run! Flee quickly!" Wei Zhu Qing ordered her cultivators, and most other Clan Leaders did the same.

Ming Shen Zhu hurriedly carried his twin away from harm, and most of the Alliance struggled to assist anyone who couldn't escape on their own.