4. The Blood Sage

.

It was scary.

Xuè Shèngrén had came out, and the first thing she had sensed was an unbelievably powerful aura that made the air colder than it was.

But then it suddenly vanished.

'What was that?' She wondered to herself, lost in thought, and now she felt even more apprehensive, since she remembered something similar...

'It's the same as that night!' The night she had attacked the Wang Clan, she had sensed something similar, but it had disappeared as well.

Behind her, Shuǐ ChénLín, Lu FengHo and the disciples all stared at the slim figure that had flown out of the restaurant.

'He' was so small, that it looked like he would fly a good distance with a single punch. The two female disciples in their midst were around his size, which meant most of the males would be bigger than him.

"Did that tiny person best Lord Meng?!" Asked one of the disciples, whose mouth was hanging open.

"I'm not exactly surprised!" Shuǐ JunHo, said with a clear, deadpan expression.

"You rude brat-!" Meng ZhuGuo tried to get up so he could discipline Shuǐ JunHo, but only ended up vomiting more blood, further staining the snow a bright red.

"You should really stay in one place." Xuè Shèngrén leisurely turned around to face them all, and the air was instantly filled with their collective gasps.

"Wah!" One of the female disciples exclaimed without thinking, and Shuǐ ChénLín shot her a quelling look. She flushed and hastily adjusted her expression.

But even Shuǐ ChénLín's own eyes had widened slightly, when the boy had first turned, and now their eyes met briefly.

'Those eyes... Zhao. Lan. Feng...?' Shuǐ ChénLín thought.

Meanwhile, the second female disciple was unabashedly staring at the young 'man', with her mouth so wide open that she would surely swallow a passing fly, if she didn't take care.

Even the men were in awe of such extraordinarily handsome features, and they didn't see any difference between his fair complexion, and the snow on the roof above him.

'Is he a man or a woman?!' Most of them wondered. But once again, at that thought, they were suddenly convinced that she was a man.

Xuè Shèngrén held out her hand, and an elegant black fan appeared, with a gleaming white tassel swinging from its end.

She smiled and fanned herself lazily, as her irises swept over all of them.

When her eyes settled on Shuǐ ChénLín, she cocked her head in curiosity, but her interest didn't last, and she turned back to Meng ZhuGuo.

"So you brought company? Hao! A person like you certainly needs help from his 'fellow disciples'."

"Pfft!" A few of the disciples were masking their laughter, and Shuǐ JunHo was openly smirking, his arms folded proudly across his chest.

But Lu FengHo sent Shuǐ JunHo a warning glare, and then stepped forward.

He inclined his head politely. "Young Master...? Forgive me, I don't know whether you're a man or a wom- -." But again, that only made him convinced that Xuè Shèngrén was a man.

"Ah, I apologise, Young Master. I will also apologise on Lord Meng's behalf, if he angered or underestimated you."

'Polite' was the first word that Xuè shèngrén thought, as she observed Lu FengHo.