chapter four

1st November

How do you feel about a movie tomorrow night?

The text illuminated Stella's bedroom ceiling, letting off a Ding from where it was placed on her bed. Stella spun on her desk chair from where she was editing her latest YouTube video that she had recorded earlier that evening. Now that the sun had almost fully set, her computer and phone was her only source of light from where she sat in her room. As she squinted at her phone screen, every sense of reason left her brain, thinking of everything that could possibly go wrong when spending one-on-one time with Harry.

Tomorrow night doesn't seem good.

Stella stared at the words typed out on her phone. What are you thinking, you idiot? Stella quickly deleted the words before she would irrationally send it, before opening her contacts and ringing Talia.

She picked up on the second dial.

"Is everything okay?" Talia voiced nervously down the phone.

"No." Stella immediately spoke. "Well, I'm fine, but I need some advice."

Talia heaved a relieved laugh down the phone. "Go on."

"Well, let's say I hypothetically get asked to go to a movie with one person, what do you say?"

Talia paused before speaking. "When did Harry ask you to go?"

"How did you know it was Harry who asked?" Stella said dryly.

"Is it?" Stella could practically see the smug look on Talia's face in that moment.

"...Yes." She conceded, leaning back in her desk chair. "And it's tomorrow night."

"If you're free, say yes. You do want to go right?"

"I think so." She admitted.

"Thought so."

Stella rolled her eyes at the girl. "It's just a friend thing."

"Yeah, I know, I'm only kidding." Talia giggled down the call. "Just be yourself. Say yes."

"Okay, will do. Thanks." Stella replied after a moments reflection.

"Love you, bye."

"Love you too." Stella replied, as the call ended.

It felt like she stared at the message forever until she started to type out another response. Before she could delete the message again she pressed send, sitting down on her bed and crossing her legs.

Stella

Only if you don't talk through it. What are u thinking?

Surprisingly, the bubbles popped back up immediately, only a few seconds before another text came through.

Harry

It depends on how good it is. and how confused i am. I'm thinking we go watch a movie at one of the cinemas in London, then go get food after. Nando's maybe?

Stella typed back as quick as her fingers would let her.

Stella

Now I'm convinced, what time?

As the two continued to discuss their plans for the next night, Stella could feel a slight excitement bubbling in her stomach, although she would never admit it.

-------

Stella didn't want to put in too much effort, but the next thing she knew she was ripping her hair out, stressing about what to wear.