chapter fifteen

16th December

Stella awoke a small time later, having seemingly been tucked back in at the middle of the bed. Confused, Stella sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes and realised the shower was on in the on suite.

Harry must have woken up before her, and she hoped that the two weren't molded together like they had been only hours before. What if he had woken up and seen them like that? The likely hood of that was pretty strong to think that they were practically centimeters apart not that long ago.

Stella ran her hands through her hair, suddenly self conscious of the bed head and half asleep state she would've been in at that moment. She suddenly became hyper-aware of the fact the shower had abruptly stopped. There were probably several minutes she had spare to sneak out before Harry would come out of the bathroom.

Climbing out of bed, Stella picked up her phone and checked the time. It was only ten, so Gee should be awake by now so she could try and get back in her room to get changed and go downstairs for some breakfast. Stella saw that she had also got a message from Cal.

I need to speak to you.

That should be fun, she thought. Walking towards the door of the room, the bathroom door suddenly swung open and Stella bumped into a half-naked Harry. Well, he was only in a towel, but Stella didn't really want to think about that right now.

"Sorry." They both said at the same time, not breaking eye contact.

Harry was the first one to smile, an awkward one at that. "Are we okay?"

"Huh?" Stella asked, not sure what he was asking in her flustered state.

Harry blinked at her.

"Oh! About last night. Yeah, we're totally cool, you and me." She rambled.

Harry smiled again. "I'm sorry, again."

"Me too," Stella breathed out. "I'm sorry."

She looked down at her attire, realising she still had to get dressed - both of them did - and it suddenly dawned on her that she still had Harry's jumper on from last night.

"Oh, I'll get this back to you, I can wash it."

"Keep it, for now." Harry spoke, walking towards the door. "I need to go get some clothes, finally."

Stella nodded in agreement, following him out the door and going in the opposite direction towards hers and Gee's room.

Immediately, Stella yanked open the door to find Gee and Talia sitting on their beds, chatting. The two of them instantly stopped talking, looking up at Stella before racing up towards her to pull her into a bone crushing hug.

"It was Cal and Freya's idea, we swear."

"We didn't understand why you two were so mad at each other."

"We still don't."

The two girls were talking over each other and rambling so much, Stella wasn't one hundred percent sure what they were saying.

Smiling, Stella pulled away from the two. "It's okay, Harry and I are good now, I'll explain to you later."

Gee and Talia exchanged looks, before looking back down at Stella.

"What?"

Gee made her way to sit down next to Stella. "You see, when you left, Karinna told us about you and Cal at Harry's party."

Stella felt her face pale. "It's not like that-"

"No, we know." Talia started, moving towards her. "Cal came back down and told us it wasn't true, although I think he still wants to speak to you."