chapter six

10th November

"We need to stop ending up like this."

"What do you mean?" Stella asked, holding herself up by the door frame.

Harry let out a light laugh. "Coming back to mine when you're drunk."

He had scruffy hair again, most likely from being woken up at the early hours in the morning, but he had managed to throw on a t-shirt and shorts before opening the door to her.

Stella narrowed her eyes at him. "This is only the second time...promise you it won't be 'appening again."

Harry moved out of the way, gesturing for her to come in. Surprisingly, she could walk straight, however, she was nervous about what she would let slip out of her mouth next. Not knowing what to say, Stella simply gazed at Harry, who began to fidget nervously under her gaze, scratching his unshaven scruff on his chin.

"Sorry," Stella started, looking down at her feet. "I shouldn't have bothered you."

She let out an awkward laugh and she began to walk to the door. However, she was only able to move a few steps before she felt a hand wrap around her arm.

"You can't leave now," Harry spoke, letting go of her arm sheepishly. "What kind of a friend would I be if I let you leave like this?"

Stella paused for a second, debating what to do. On the one hand, she was pretty sure she wasn't going to make it home in one piece if she left now. But on the other hand, she felt guilty for bothering the boy, and spending another night there would raise some questions from the others if they found out. Sober Stella would normally have refused any help, but Drunk Stella was here and was making all the wrong choices from here.

"Okay," She gave up. "But I'm taking the couch this time."

"Once again, not happening." Harry interrupted. Stella furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Uh, the couch springs have broken, and the small one will be way too cramped for you." He continued, opening his bedroom door. "You can sleep in here again."

Stella reluctantly made her way into his bedroom, stopping before the end of the bed. Harry was rummaging round in his draws again and pulled out his Dr.Pepper sweatshirt and a pair of joggers.

"For you," He said smiling and handing them to her. "Oh, and by the way you don't have to disappear so quickly in the morning again."

Her cheeks flushed lightly, watching as he made his way to the door.

"Wait," She stopped him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm sleeping on the couch." Harry answered, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"But the couch is broken." Stella blinked at him. "You said yourself, and the other one would be way too small for you too."

"Well, where else would you expect me to sleep?" He rolled his eyes, laughing.

"Next to me."

There was a long pause, and Stella immediately became aware of how quiet the flat was, Lux and Cal probably asleep in the other rooms. She didn't know where the suggestion came from, she only knew that she meant it. Harry blinked at her a few times, clearly thinking deeply, until he shuffled around the bed to the side next to Stella. She watched unsurely, surprised that he agreed, while he pulled back the covers. Stella got up from the bed and got changed into his clothes in his bathroom. When she came back, Harry was stood by the bed, looking like he was debating something.

Stella looked at him in question.

"I don't usually sleep in clothes." He spoke slowly, clearly uncomfortable at having to explain.