Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Nicole's POV

“No way.”

I stood outside my family home (some may say mansion), gaping at the ‘over the top’ decorations on the outside of it. I shuddered to think what they had done to the inside.

Justin got out of the car with my luggage, and chuckled when he was beside me. “Well, we interior designers aren’t known for organising parties.”

I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, that’s my job.”

He shrugged as I took some of the bags out of his arms and began to walk to the door. “Well it hardly seemed right to get a PR to organise a home coming party for another PR.”

“I can’t wait to see how the wedding is planned out.”

“Well you’re here so you can make sure they don’t screw it up. And besides, Sophie has PR abilities in her blood, do you really think she is gonna muck up her own wedding?”

I laughed as I opened the door and dropped my suitcases in the hallway. “I’m home after 365 days in counting! Where’s my hugs?”

As soon as I said it, my mother rushed out to the hallway and pulled me into tight hug.

Justin and I had inherited my mother’s chocolate hair and eye colour, and apparently I had inherited her features and pouty lush pink lips, but that was where the resemblance ended. She was small, about 5 foot 3, and her frame was tiny. But her bubbly and eccentric attitude was what made us love her.

I smiled, “Hey Mum.”

“Oh baby, I missed you so much!” She squealed in my ear.

Justin chuckled behind me and called into the house, “Who gave her champagne this early in the day?!”

Mum pulled back and glared at him playfully, “Can’t a mother be excited to see her daughter?”

I laughed, “Of course you can Mum.”

“Come on inside baby, your Dad’s in the study.”

I shook my head. He hated organising parties, so he holed himself away and out of everyone’s way.

“You guys go ahead; I’ll help Maurice with the bags.” Justin said as the family butler came out of the kitchen and smiled at me. I quickly said hello before I was dragged out of the hallway.

I bit my lip as I looked around at the decorations and floral arrangements. I only just came home; I didn’t want to start an argument about my job choice just yet. And that would be exactly what would happen if I pointed out how uncoordinated everything looked and was organised.

I smiled at all the maids as we climbed up the large marble stairs, all of them carrying random objects and decorations that I knew for a fact weren’t for my homecoming tonight and they were instead last minute material for the wedding reception the day after tomorrow. And I was glad to know that most of the stuff they were carrying was elegant and tasteful; exactly how a wedding should be.

My heart lightened as I took in all the family pictures and trophies that adorned the hallways, and felt the memories of my childhood sweep in.

How I wish I was naive and childlike again, to have fun in everything I do and laugh at the mistakes I make. But after spending all that time with that pillock Isaac, I knew I could never be so carefree again.

We finally reached my father’s study, and mum breezed into the room without knocking, her grip on my hand making me walk just as fast inside.

Dad immediately looked up from his newspaper, and his face brightened when he saw me.

Now, Justin got his looks from Dad; his height of 6 foot 1, his broad shoulders and facial features, but no-one had inherited his sparkly blue eyes.

He stood up from the desk as I loosened the hold mum had on my hand so I could go to him and give him a hug, “Hey Dad.”

He held me tight, “How’s my favourite girl?”

I smiled and pulled back, “Tired, but good. Is it okay if I go unpack and take a quick nap before the party?”

He nodded as Mum said, “Sure honey, I’ll wake you in two hours as that’s when Sophie’s coming round.”

Excitement filled me as I thought of seeing my brother’s fiancée.

Sophie Jones was just amazing. She was the typical tall, blonde haired, blue eyed beauty, but she was also kind, considerate, selfless, and most off all patient (which is exactly what you need when you are around Justin for too long).

“Okay, I’ll see you guys later.” I said as I began to walk out the room.

“Oh wait. Um, dress quite formally please Nicole?” Mum asked, her voice pleading.

I raised an eyebrow. “I thought it was going to be a small party?”

“It is, but we’ve also invited some of Sophie’s family so we can all get to know them a more and get introduced to the members that we haven’t met yet.” This time Dad replied as he put his arms around Mum.

I nodded thinking nothing of it. Sophie’s family was going to be a part of ours, so it seems plausible that we see them before the wedding. “Okay, so fancy dress it is.”

Mum looked relieved, “Thank you baby. See you in a couple of hours.”

I nodded, “Will do.”

Isaac’s POV

“Isaac, come on! I’ve got to go meet Justin!” Sophie shouted as she entered my hotel room.

I sighed. I really did love my cousin, but she was such a slave driver at times. “I said I’d be there in a minute.

She put her hands on her hips. “You said that two hours ago. Justin’s sister’s party is in a few hours and I’m supposed to be arriving with mum and dad. But I can’t do that if you’re still in your hotel room!”

I rolled my eyes, “You’re so nice to everyone else, why do you always have to be so harsh with me?”

She chuckled, “No comment. I’m gonna go now as Mum and Dad are waiting in the car downstairs. If you’re not there, I will never talk to you again, got it?”

I nodded, “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

She came over and gave me a kiss on my cheek before she left. I once again glanced at the mirror and fixed my tie. I was telling the truth, I wouldn’t miss this party for the world. Especially since I planned to confront Nicole about the wedding today, and if all things went to plan, I might even propose.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote, comment and Fan!

Love xxxx :D