Chapter 7 - Part 2

Chapter 7

Part 2

Nicole’s POV 

I gushed with happiness as they exchanged rings, forever branding each other together.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest stated, and everyone in the church cheered as Sophie and Justin kissed each other passionately.

This was what marriage was all about. Tying yourself to the person you cherish the most in the world, and having so much love for each other that people around you couldn't help but feel it too.

Justin pulled back and kissed Sophie's forehead, love shining in his eyes, and though her back was to me, I know her expression was a reflection of his.

Sophie took his hand and they both ran down the aisle, with me and the other bridesmaids running after them. We stood on the steps and watched them go into their car, beaming and waving as they drove off to the mansion where the reception was held.

My mum came to me and hugged me tightly, excitement pumping through her, and tears in her eyes. "This is the happiest day of my life since you two were born!"

I laughed, "Why did you get married today too?"

She pretended to scowl at me, "Not even your witty remarks will bring me down today! My eldest son is married, and my daughter is engaged! What more can a mother ask for?"

My heart dampened, but Dad's appearance saved me from having to reply.

But what he saved made me feel even worse.

"I know what else you can ask for – Grandkids!" He said as he beamed at me whilst putting an arm around Mum.

I smiled, "Oh yeah. Little Justin's running around the house crashing into things whilst screaming, that will be fun."

They chuckled and Mum said, "Well hopefully Sophie's behaviour will be more dominant than Justin's. And besides, I'm sure you and Isaac will have a child in no time from the way he looks at you."

A tremor ran through me, though I wasn’t entirely certain if it was disgust. Thankfully though, I was once again saved from having to reply.

"Nicole, come on! We have to get to the house now!" Megan – a fellow bridesmaid – shouted as she was about to step into the limo.

I nodded and gave my parents a kiss before I walked down the steps, smiling at all the guests as they said their congratulations.

But before I could step into the limo, a hand pulled me back and pulled me into their embrace. I hugged back the unfamiliar body automatically, thinking that it must be a congratulations hug or something.

And I would be lying if I didn’t say that I didn’t enjoy it either. This embrace was warm, and it made me feel safe, and loved which was incredibly weird because out of all my relationships I have never felt like this.

“You look so beautiful.” The person whispered in my ear and a shiver ran down my spine. But then I realised whose voice it was and I squealed and quickly stepped out of his embrace.

“I gotta go,” I said hesitantly, not sure what game Isaac was playing as no-one was even looking in our direction, and confused for the feelings that were surging within me when I had felt his breath against cheek and his arms around me.

He nodded and I quickly stepped into the limo and closed the door, watching him get smaller and smaller as the limo drove away from the church.

“Wow, someone looks a little flustered,” Megan chuckled as she handed me some champagne.

“Thanks,” I said as I took the glass and took large swig. “And I am not flustered. I was merely surprised.”

She rolled her eyes as the other bridesmaids laughed. “Please, okay. If someone that hunky was my boyfriend and gave me that kinda affection, and I’d be more than flustered.”

She was reading so much into it, and I wasn’t in the mood to lie. My brother and best friend were married, and this was a time to celebrate.

“Your boyfriend is hot, Megan.” I grinned at her, “So get your paws off mine.”

She laughed, and then we blissfully changed the subject to the ceremony, and how cute Sophie and Justin’s kids would look and we debated on who would be named Godmother.

 And all the while I contemplated what had just happened. I still felt warm from where he had wrapped his arms around me, and my mind kept reeling back to what Sophie had once said about finding that one person who was meant to be yours.

“If you feel as if the world has stopped and there is only the two of you when you look into his eyes, or when you feel as if you had found the piece that was missing inside of you when you hold him in your arms, or when sparks fly and heat seeps in when you kiss, then that means your body is sending you a message. A message that says you don’t have to look any further, the person who is meant to be yours is right in front of you, and you should hold them tightly before they slip away.”

I tried to shake her words out of my head, because it couldn’t be true, Isaac couldn’t be the one. I hated him with a passion, and that was how he felt about me too.

But wasn’t that how all cliché romance books started? The couple feels nothing but hate for each other, but then something dramatic happens and they suddenly turn those feelings into unconditional love.

I mean, clichés are clichéd for a reason, right?

I took another swig of my champagne, and refilled the glass. We had only embraced, and already I was second guessing it.

And though I hadn’t ever looked into Isaac’s eyes for longer than a second, or even kissed him – thank God – I was determined that what I had felt was just because it had been so long since I had been in a relationship, and my body was craving the attention it needed and was taking what it got.

The excuse was even pathetic to my ears, but it was all I had, and other than a promise to make sure that never happened again, I had no other solution to the problem.

Thankfully though by that time we had already arrived, and I was in severe party mood. I once again cursed my inability to get drunk, and the fact that I would probably have to dance at least once with Isaac today, and the thought of having to be in such an intimate hold with him did not bode well with my already frustrated thoughts.

I stepped out the limo first, and looked around me, pleased with the way everything was organised. Whoever had co-ordinated this event really had out done themselves.

I walked along the freshly pebbled path that led to the large canopy in the back garden that held over 100 tables, including one large one where the family and bridesmaids and bride and groom would sit, and a dance floor.

I mingled with everyone, socialising and welcoming praise and congratulations and it wasn’t until an hour and a half later when the speeches were made and the food had been eaten that I had the surprise of my life, in the form of my first ever love.

Zane Richards.

I had been watching the bride and groom have their first dance when my view was blocked by a large bulky chest dressed in a very expensive suit.

Thinking it was Isaac, I looked up with a glare, only to have it dropped into shock as I stared into a familiar looking pair of warm green eyes.

“Hey there, beautiful.” He said a big smile on his face.

I beamed and threw my arms around him, “Oh my God, Zane! When did you get here?!”

He chuckled and hugged me back. “Missed you too, honey bear.”

“What the hell is going on here?” Satan himself said as we pulled away slightly from each other, still beaming.

I closed my eyes and sighed in exasperation. Can’t he leave me the hell alone already?!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Vote, comment and fan!

Love xxxx :D