Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Nicole’s POV

I downed my fourth shot of the evening, and revelled in the burning in my throat.

So far I had drunk four vodka shots and half a bottle of tequila, and I still wasn’t drunk. I used to like not being a light weight, but tonight I wanted to get drunk and forget the dreaded event that occurred yesterday.

I glanced down at the ring attached on my left hand in distaste, as if it were the reason to my problems.

I had to admit that it was a nice ring, with one medium sized diamond in the middle, and little diamonds running inside the sliver band; beautiful and sophisticated rather than the flashy ‘in your face’  type of ring I’d pegged Isaac to pick.

If I was honest though, it wasn’t the ring that made me feel so damn disgusted. It was the man who had given it to me, and the fact that I had lied in front of my whole family and friends – as well as his, though I don’t really care too much about them right now – that I had found the man of my dreams and that I was excited to tie myself to him.

When really, the truth was I’d be happier to shoot the both of us and have done with it.

I let my eyes wander around the club, and felt envious of how happy the rest of the bridesmaids were looking as they danced with men they had never met before, or downed their shots and drinks.

Yes, that’s right. Tonight is Sophie’s bachelorette party, and instead of being happy, I was moping and trying to get drunk.

I once again cursed Isaac for ruining tonight for me.

I ordered four more shots as I mentally promised myself that I wouldn’t let Isaac ruin my mood tomorrow.

I guess it is a good thing that I don’t get drunk so easily, cuz then I won’t have as much of a hangover as I was sure the rest of the girls would have.

I saw Sophie make her way over to me, and changed my order to eight shots.

“Nikki, can I ask you something?” Sophie said as she sat on the stool beside me.

I downed one of the shots, “It’s a little late for you to propose to me Sophie, and I hardly think this venue is appropriate.”

She chuckled. “Sorry babe, that wasn’t the question, though if I swung that way you’d be the first person in my mind.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at that. “Glad to know.” I pushed four of the glasses to her, “Drink bride-to-be.”

She rolled her eyes at me and downed one of the glasses before wincing. “Gosh you like these strong.”

I shrugged. “I can’t get drunk, so I hardly notice.” Then I remembered why she had sat by me. “What’s the question?”

She turned around in her stool so she was facing me, her blue eyes intense.

Uh oh, please not now. “What’s going on between you and my cousin?”

I sighed and downed two more shots. I sincerely hope that Isaac is having an even worse time than I am at Justin’s stag do.

Isaac’s POV

“What’s going on between you and my sister?” Justin said as he sat beside me.

I rolled my eyes and took a swig of my beer.

At least now I know why Sophie had insisted that I go to this damn thing.