Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Nicole’s POV

I wanted to strangle him until he was unconscious, tie him to a stake and pour gasoline all over him, and when he woke up from the fumes, light a match and throw it at him and watch him writhe in pain as he burned alive.

I was not a violent person, and I have never once thought ill of a person or hated anyone so passionately. But this douche bag in front of me deserved everything my horrid fantasies had in store for him.

“You seem so sure that I’m going to say yes, and not put up one ounce of a fight.” I said as patronizingly as I could while I made my facial expression emotionless.

He shrugged, but I could see a slight bit of unease in his eyes. “You don’t have much of a choice.”

“I could always quit, and reveal to everyone what an ass you are. I have plenty of money to fall back on, so that won’t be a problem.” I said, hoping that he wouldn’t call my bluff.

Because though everything I said was true, I knew that if I wanted to get anywhere in this business, I could not quit Isaac’s firm. His was the most successful PR firm in the world, not to mention the toughest to get into and work in.

If I quit, all the other businesses would think I couldn’t handle the pressure that came with the job, and vice-versa if I set up my own as no-one would think I’d be good enough to organise their events.

“But you wouldn’t do that. If there is one thing I’ve learned about you, is that you have a lot of pride settled on this. If you quit, you’ll seem weak, and that is one thing I know you hate to show; weakness.” He said with a smirk.

I clenched my fists due to the sudden urge of wanting to jock punch him right up his man business. Oh how I wanted to see him sprawled on the floor in pain, and how happy I would be if I were the one to cause it.

“You’re an ass,” Was all I could get out, as I tried to control my murderous rage.

His smirk widened, “I’ll take that as a yes.”

“I’m outta here,” I said quickly before I walked out quickly, needing to get away from him. If he had any self-preservation he wouldn’t follow me out.

But of course, a jerk like him always has a death wish.

“If it makes you feel better, you’ll make a great wife.” He said as he fell into step with me.

I resisted the urge to puke. “You already know how much I hate you. And now you insult me?”

He looked at me, confusion crossing his face. “I didn’t insult you.”

I rolled my eyes, “The only way someone would marry you willingly is if she were a gold-digging whore.”

If I hadn’t had been glaring at him so hard, I wouldn’t have noticed him flinch. But I couldn’t have hurt his feelings, could I?

“You really are open about your feelings, aren’t you?”

I shrugged. “I’m honest, and I tell it like it is. And besides, you seem to bring out the worst in me.”

He grinned, “At least I know I’m having some effect on you.”

I chose to ignore the comment; otherwise I would have shown him just how much he affected me.

I think me thrusting his head into the wall numerous amounts of times would be enough of a proof.

We walked back into the hall, and thankfully the only people who had noticed our absence was Justin and Sophie, who immediately came over to us.