Chapter 9

Sorry it's not edited, I just got really tired and I just wanted to post it.

Enjoy :D

----------------------------------------

Chapter 9

Nicole’s POV

I slammed the files on his desk, my eyes holding dagger that I wished were real.

“What right did you have telling everyone in the building that we’re engaged?” I said to him in an icy tone.

It was the day after the wedding, and things had gotten back to normal at work. He was still an ass and I still hated his guts.

The only thing that had changed in the work place was that Isaac had sent everyone in the building a mass email telling them we were engaged.

And I didn’t need to even look at them to know how quickly they had turned against me.

He looked at me from his computer screen, a smirk prominent on his face. “They were going to find out any way from the media. I just thought it would be best if I announced it to them first.”

I clutched his desk for support, as I knew that if my hands were free, I wouldn’t be able to stop myself when they attempted to slap that smirk right off his face.

“Yes but now everyone thinks that I’m a gold-digging whore! I can’t go around anywhere without seeing the loathing expression they have on their faces every time they look at me!”

He folded his hands on the desk and leaned forward as he looked me in the eye, and though his face looked serious, the amusement in his ice blue eyes shone clearly.

“You have millions in the bank that you’ve inherited from your grandmother and grandfather, correct? Your mother and father own a multi-billion company, and how many numerous estates all over the world. And you’re still working on your own two feet rather than just lazing about and bathing in your wealth. So tell me, in what way can they presume you’re a gold-digging whore?”

I all but growled at him. “Because they know, just like you know, that this is the profession that I want to work in, and they think that I’m marrying you so that I can just shoot right up the ranks without working for it.”

He tilted his head to the side as he studied me, the amusement now spreading to his face. “But you are marrying me so that you shoot up in the ranks of this business.”

I slammed my fists on the table, anger seething out of every pore in my body. “I had no choice! The reason why I frikkin joined this company was so that I could work my way up like normal people do, without using any connections! This was my chance to prove to people that I didn’t have to use my name or my family’s money to get to the top! And because of your stupid blackmail I can’t do that! You have ruined everything I had wanted to do and have worked for and all you can do is sit there and smirk at me without a fucking care in the world!”

He sat back and smiled. “Has anyone ever told you that you look extremely sexy when you’re angry?”

My eyebrows rose in fury, “What?”

He shrugged. “Well, it is true.”

I rolled my eyes, and crossed my arms, my hip jutting out. “Well then I must be fucking gorgeous!”

He grinned. “Oh you are.”

I was pretty sure there was steam coming out of my ears. “You know what? Fuck you, you condescending pig!”

And with that I stormed away, ignoring his pleas for me to come back.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the office, my eyesight so covered in red that I couldn’t even be bothered about the people around me.