The House of Evolution

Ryo clung onto Saitama's back as Genos and Saitama ran at full speed to the House of Evolution. She had to tuck her head down to keep her mouth and eyes from being warped due to the wind. This wasn't the first time she had used Saitama as a mode of transportation, nor was it the first time Saitama had willingly brought her into a possibly dangerous situation. Genos was clearly confused by their relationship.

"Why exactly are you coming along, Ryo?" Genos asked, hardly audible over the whipping wind in her ears.

"I'm not going to let you guys go out and have fun while I'm stuck at home!" she shouted in Saitama's ear.

"Yeah, how about you don't talk until we get to the place," Saitama requested. "You don't have to worry about her Genos, she'll be fine."

After four hours of a dead sprint and a brief moment where Genos had to fight off an aggravated bear, they arrived where the Gorilla had pointed them towards. "This is the House of Evolution," Genos announced. It was a tall white building with at least eight stories.

"Man this will take all day," Ryo sighed, using her hand to block out the sun as she looked up at the building.

Without a word, Genos squatted down and activated his firearms, blowing the building to bits. Rough wind whipped around Ryo, she had to pin her dress down to keep it from rising above her hips. But she was awestruck by Genos' destructive capabilities, she stared with a gaping mouth at the crater he had created.

"Wow!" she cried with a bright smile. "That's a cyborg for you!"

"What gives man?" Saitama asked, bewildered by his actions.

"What?" Genos asked, letting his arm blaster cool down. "I thought this was the most efficient way to dispose of them."

"Sure, but they must have made preparations," Saitama mumbled. "That was mean of you."

Ryo looked around the destroyed area and saw a suspicious-looking metal door. "Hey, no worries Saitama, looks like there's more."

Saitama peeled back the metal with ease. "Looks like it goes underground."

Saitama and Genos led the way, creating a protective wall in front of Ryo. Genos was still questioning why Saitama would bring a civilian, but if his master believed her presence was necessary, he would guard her too.

The underground base was wide and white. Ryo walked behind Saitama out of habit and looked around with wide eyes. She was sure glad she came along. Getting to see Genos go all out, and now she was hopefully going to see Saitama fight the biggest and badest monster the House of Evolution had to offer.

"This underground base sure is spacious," Saitama said with a smile. "I'm getting excited."

"I'm picking up lifeforms ahead," one of Genos' systems was beeping loud enough for Ryo to hear. "All the same? Are they clones?" Genos suddenly stopped, alerted to a new threat. "Master! Two Life forms are headed this way!"

Saitama pushed Ryo directly behind him and Ryo looked over his shoulder at the two assailants. One of them was a huge dung beetle and the other person seemed to be a human in a rough-looking state, bleeding all over and he was being carried by his head by the dung beetle.

"Oh, there they are!" The beetle belted loudly. "There are three. Which one is it?"

The man being held struggled to speak. "Ung, the man on the right!"

The beetle sniggered. "Then we don't need the one on the left!" Genos never had a chance to move and the beetle smashed him into the wall.

"Genos?" Saitama asked calmly, while Ryo stared in horror at his contorted position. Genos' head was stuck in the wall and his body hung limply. The bug slid past Saitama and Ryo and towered over them. "What the... Hey!" Saitama called trying to get Genos up.