Fan Club

A few days later, Ryo was visiting the hospital where injured heroes from the Deep Sea King's battle were healing. She knocked gently on a door, cradling two bouquets of pink flowers. she heard Stinger's voice ring from the other side of the door, "Come in."

Slowly she opened the door and peeked inside, she immediately saw both Stinger and Lightning Max who had been sharing a room.

"Ryo!" he grinned broadly. "I'm so glad you came to visit!"

Ryo beamed back at him, "I'm so glad to see your feeling well! You too Lightning Max!"

"Thank you," he nodded a greeting, "And you can just call me Max."

"This is the chick that pulled us off the battlefield!" Stinger grinned. "She also is my personal costume designer."

"I'm freelance Stinger," Ryo giggled.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you, now that I'm, you know, conscious," Max laughed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too," Ryo smiled. She then gestured to the flowers. "I wanted to get a gift to thank you guys, but I could only think of flowers."

"I love flowers!" Stinger quickly insisted, earning a suspicious glance from Max.

"You do?" his friend asked skeptically.

"Yeah..." Stinger drawled, realizing his hasty declaration did sound a bit strange.

"What kind of flowers are those?" Lightning Max probed with a condescending smirk.

"Uh... Orchids?" Stinger tried.

Ryo giggled, and Max answered his own question. "Clearly that is a bouquet of Gladiolus and Heather."

The girl turned to Lightning Max with a shocked smile, "So you know a thing or two about flowers?"

"Worst wingman ever," Stinger grumbled to Max.

"My grandmother owns her own flower shop, I help her out when I'm not doing hero work," Lightning Max explained as Ryo set the flowers beside their beds.

"That's awesome," Ryo cheered, "But do you know what the flowers mean?"

"flowers have meaning?" Lightning Max asked.

Stinger staked. "You work in a flower shop, but you don't know flower meanings?"

"You couldn't even name the flowers!" Max quickly defended.

"If I had to guess," Stinger started, giving his best heartthrob smirk. "It means 'My love is pure' meaning your love for me is clear."

Ryo laughed out loud, "Not quite!" she beamed. "Those are white lilies. Gladiolus represents strength of character, and Heather represents admiration." Ryo trailed off, feeling pretty embarrassed. "I just wanted to say thank you for everything you did for us civilians."

Lightning Max and Stinger dropped their jaws. They looked at each other then back at her, both thinking the same thing. "She's so cute!"

"As I said, I love flowers!" Stinger passionately tried to affirm her.

"Yeah, it's a perfect gift!" Lightning Max agreed.

Ryo scratched the back of her head with a bit of a blush. "Thank you guys, and that's not all. I'm offering free costume repair to all the heroes who fought the Deep Sea King. So if you guys ever need me you know where to find me."