A Friendly Match

Genos had insisted on sparring Saitama, and Ryo was incredibly thankful that Genos agreed to let her watch. Since Genos already knew that Saitama was much stronger than him, he would have to go all out!

Saitama and Genos were at the bottom of a massive canyon, while Ryo was on the edge of the cliff face, dangling her feet over the massive drop for the perfect view. Genos informed Saitama that they both were at the bottom of their perspective classes. Ryo still thought that Saitama being at the bottom of C Class was bull crap, but Saitama wouldn't let Genos make a fuss from within the organization.

"For now we are just known as Genos and Saitama, but at some point, we will acquire Hero names," Genos explained, reading an email off his phone.

"Hero names?" Saitama asked. "What's that?"

"I suppose it is a nickname to highlight a hero's characteristics," Genos explained. "For example, I could be the Blond Cyborg."

"Then I would be the Bald Cape," Saitama groaned.

"Or Egg Head!" Ryo shouted from her seat.

Saitama turned and shook his fist at her. Genos interrupted their banter, "But that does not really matter. Thank you for granting my request today."

"Well, I did promise to take you on as my student. We're going to spar, but not too seriously, right?" Saitama asked, getting into position.

"No I am serious," Genos spoke firmly. "And I will make sure you are too." Genos stood in a fighter's position and his body started to glow from under his shirt. "Now let us begin."

Genos braced his back leg then launched at Saitama in an arrow-like kick. Saitama limboed beneath his foot and dodged Genos' kick. Ryo was already having trouble keeping up, the two of them were faster than light. Genos then did something ingenious, he changed his trajectory and whipped his leg around to bring it down on Saitama. If this was against any regular opponent surely that move would be deadly. But Saitama quickly dodged his foot and the kick slammed into the ground, shattering the earth. Genos didn't wait a second. He activated his firearms and fired a destructive beam after Saitama, who easily dodged this attack too.

Ryo let out an awe observing Genos' power. He had carved a creator in the cliff face across from Ryo.

"That was close," Saitama mumbled. "My clothes almost got burnt. Ryo will charge me if extra if Genos destroyed my outfit."

Ryo could hardly see what Genos was doing behind the cloud of smoke that surrounded him, but blasts of lightning illuminated the land around Genos. He whipped after Saitama, ramming into another cliff face and creating a destructive path, made by punch after punch. He suddenly stopped and Ryo could see that Saitama was not on the receiving end of Genos' blows. Ryo searched the Canyon trying to find Where Saitama had run off too. Genos found him first, shooting off the cliff wall and landing in front of Saitama who was running away for some reason. When Genos landed he aimed his arms at Saitama's face, a ring filled the air as Genos's guns prepared to fire.

"Incinerate!" Genos shouted and a tidal wave of flame ravaged the Canyon. Ryo remembered this move from when Genos had saved her and Saitama. She couldn't believe that Saitama had protected her through that!

It looked to be a dead hit, but then Saitama appeared behind Genos, tapping his shoulder and poking Genos' check when he turned to look at his teacher. "Okay, I win!" Saitama beamed.

Genos did not agree. He threw his fist around to land a hit on Saitama, but he flung himself backward and landed clumsily.

"Master," Genos called.