King

Almost a week and a half had passed since the City A incident. The powers that be decided that instead of spending the crazy amount of money it would take to rebuild the leveled City A, the Hero association would be permitted to just turn the whole city into a place where registered heroes could gather, and even live in if they were A Class or up.

After Ryo's little spa retreat with the S Class heroes, and Iaian and Saitama, Ryo was feeling very refreshed. She had gotten the phone numbers of Metal Bat, Zombieman, and Iaian. The day following her last day at the spa, Ryo was able to remember kissing Bad on the cheek, before passing out. She wished Bad had told her if she had made him uncomfortable, it was totally unprofessional of her. But since Metal Bat didn't bring it up, Ryo couldn't will herself to apologize first. So instead she chose to ignore it.

Today Ryo was with Saitama and Genos, going grocery shopping, both for them, and for her, picking up plenty of materials for her second S Class client, Zombieman.

"You sure do have a lot of cloth there Ryo," Saitama commented, as she struggled to carry her five full and heavy bags. She was even using her large, homemade reusable bags to haul her picked up supplies.

"Trust me I need it," Ryo explained quickly.

"Aren't you just making one costume?" Saitama asked.

"No, Master," Genos interjected. "She is making four or five suits at the same time, then if one suit is damaged, Zombieman will be able to wear one of his others while Ryo repairs it."

"Good job Genos," Ryo grinned, glad to know he listened to all of her random business ramblings. "You keep that up and I'll have to offer you a job."

"I am quite quick with a sewing needle," Genos proclaimed.

"No way!" Ryo marveled. "You never told me that."

"Hey," Saitama spoke, pulling the two away from the topic of sewing. "What's going on over there?"

Genos and Ryo looked to where he was pointing and saw a crowd, parting to let someone through. "They're treating that guy like royalty," Ryo observed.

"Master, I think that is King," Genos said, when Ryo looked at the blond cyborg, she could see his irises moving like camera lenses.

"Who?" Saitama asked.

Ryo glared at him, "You're kidding me right?"

"He was in the S Class meeting," Genos stated, watching King walk down the street. "He claims your place as the strongest man in the world."

"I've never seen him fight before," Ryo said spitefully. "There's no real proof that he is the person he says he is."

"The Heroes Association would not let an unqualified person make it all the way to S Class," Genos insisted. Ryo turned her nose up as Genos continued. "I wonder what he is doing here."

Before anyone could speculate, a woman screamed, stopping everyone in their tracks. "A monster! Gyah! My child's in danger!"

"Master, we should--" Genos stopped himself, looking down at Ryo for a second. "No. This is a good opportunity to see King in action. We should watch, that way we can see proof of his ability."

Ryo nodded and hid behind a pole with the boys, watching the fight from afar. The monster was giant, looming over King. Even its feet ginormous and cracked the ground as it stepped. "I am G4," it spoke. "A Machine God, the organization made. You are King, the strongest hero. I will obliterate you!"