A Day In The Life

"Living with Master Saitama has taught me many things," Genos started, putting down the fry he had taken one bite of. He and Ryo were finishing up their lunch together, her plate was empty, but he had hardly eaten. The man couldn't eat since he never stopped talking about Saitama. Ryo smiled and listened to every word of it, though most of his so-called 'lessons' were just Saitama being his usual lazy self and figuring out a great way of getting out of his problems. "He has shown me the many ways of saving money, such as memorizing when the supermarket has sales."

"Does he actually remember when those are?" She asked, munching on one of Genos' fries.

"He picks up flyers and keeps it in one of the special pockets on his super suit," Genos explained. "Then once he has finished off a monster, he will usually remember that it is there."

"So he's teaching you his street smarts," Ryo summed up, earning a curt nod from Genos. He finally bit into his sandwich, taking a break from talking about Saitama. "Do you think you've become stronger?"

Genos hurriedly swallowed his food, in a great rush to respond. "I feel that I am becoming more successful as a hero. I am still carrying out Saitama's first task of rising through the Class S ranks. The Association has yet to send me on any missions, but I am attempting to better my image in the public eye by indulging those I pass who recognize me."

"Have you moved up the ranks yet?" Genos shook his head. "Man competition must be rough, which is funny because we don't usually get to see what the Class S heroes do."

"Indeed, many heroes keep their ranking by staying popular in the media," Genos continued. "But heroes in Class S are exclusively in that class because of their power. Each and every one has a long list of unbeatable foes on their track record."

"You'll have just as many soon enough Genos," Ryo beamed.

"Thank you," Genos said seriously. "Master Saitama has been a great teacher, and you Ryo have been very kind to me. I want you to understand that I value my time with you as much as my time with Master."

Ryo's face dropped, utterly shocked by his sudden serious tone. "Hey man, you don't have to thank me! You save my life daily, its the least I could do to cheer you on!"

Genos smiled, "In any case, the support is greatly appreciated."

"Yeah, yeah," Ryo grinned. "Just hurry up and eat your food, or we're going to miss the sale at the fabric store. I've just got like three new commissions and I need your muscles!"

"Right!" Genos the scarfed down his food at an unprecedented speed.

When he finished the two headed out through City F's fashion district. Gathering an array of fabrics and fabric dyes from many different stores. Also collecting quite a few sets of buttons and zippers.

"Is this all you use for costumes?" Genos asked, carrying at least five bags of supplies in each hand.

"Oh no," Ryo shook her head. "I use far more from online suppliers. Like the amour and padding I put in some people's costumes are all from independent sellers. The fabric I use for you is from a store that works exclusively in fabrics that are meant for cyborgs. The fabric should never catch on any of your auto parts and should never clog up joints. If they do tell me and I'll get a pretty penny from the lawsuit I'll put against them. Saitama's suit is a bit more standard, I just had to ensure the fabric would be able to withstand extreme heat and extra stress."

"It all seems very complicated," Genos commented as they got into the elevator to Ryo's apartment.

Ryo shrugged adjusting the meager four bags she carried. "It's actually pretty fun for me. I have to imagine all the scenarios that my clothes may have to go through then have to find ways to combat them. It's kind of like a puzzle, but more fun."

Genos nodded, watching the elevator doors open up to the sixth floor. "I have not been to your apartment before."

"I'll apologize now, it's always a mess." Ryo could afford a bigger apartment than Saitama, but that was exclusive because her house doubled as her studio. a lot of space was required in order to run a clothing business. Ryo unlocked her door and felt the wall for the light switch. "You can toss the bags to the counter."

Genos did as he told, finding space on top of a measuring and cutting board. Ryo tossed her bags in the empty sink then heaved. Looking out of the messy sea of scrap fabrics and half-finished projects that littered her apartment. "I'll be honest. I still do not feel like I've seen your apartment. I cannot even see the floors. Would you like assistance cleaning?" Genos asked.

Ryo grimaced. "Maybe some other time. What'd ya say we go see what Saitama's doing? I know we just ate, but all that walking made me hungry."

Genos nodded, leading the way out. "We did walk the better half of ten kilometers. Perhaps Master will be making dinner."

As the two strolled up to Saitama's, they spotted a large bag of kombu.

"What was he thinking to get all this?" Ryo asked gesturing to all the seaweed.

Genos shrugged, opening the door for Ryo. Sure enough, Saitama was home boiling up some kombu in a large pot on the stove

"Hey Ryo, hey Genos," Saitama greeted. "You two were out for a while."

"Sorry, I had to borrow your pupil," Ryo said, avoiding the topic of the kombu.

"I trust you taught him a valuable lesson while with him," Saitama joked.

Ryo laughed and moved to kneel at the table. "Oh of course Saitama-sensei. Isn't that right Genos?"

"I did learn about the important things that cyborgs should keep in mind while creating a fabric-based outfit for themselves."

"See!" Ryo grinned.

"Master," Genos turned to Saitama. "Why is there so much kombu in front of your door?"

"Oh, I just happened to uh..." Saitama paused, "get some cheap."

There was something suspicious about the way he spoke that both Ryo and Genos picked up on. Genos voiced what they were both thinking. "I have heard that seaweed is good for hair growth, but the effects have not been confirmed medically."

Ryo's jaw dropped as she watched the scene before her. Saitama stared over the apartment.

Still, Genos continued. "I have researched it, so I know. For example according to this website-"

"WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?!"