𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:❝Gross Cheesy And Romantic Things❞︎

CHAPTER EIGHT:
❝Gross Cheesy And Romantic Things❞︎

"GIVEN SOME RECENT EVENTS, SOME students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future. And I agree." The students all sat in front of their principal as he continued to speak. "If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in hoe those rules are made. So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch, and one werewolf, each elected by their peers." Hope and Harper exchanged looks before looking back towards the man. "Along with our school counselor Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students. Now, I have to go off campus. In the meantime, I expect you make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all, you're dismissed."

Harper sat in her room, frowning slightly as she looked through all of her clothes. A knock came on her door before Hope was sticking her head in the door, glancing at the clothes that were scattered around the room before closing the door behind of her.

"What did your wardrobe do to you this time?" Hope questioned, grabbing Harper's attention.

Harper sighed. "Well. . . I sort of have a date thing that I'm not really sure is a date date, but I think it is, and I have nothing to wear. I don't date. Never been on one. I don't even know what people do at these things. I'm not girlfriend material."

"That is a lie and we both know it." Hope quickly told her. "I will have any excuse in order to hold off the tests with Landon, so let me try and help?" Harper nodded and Hope walked over before looking through the clothes scattered across the room. She handed Harper a long sleeve shirt with the sleeves completely see through and a tank top-like shirt being what covered her torso. She then handed her a pair of jeans and black combat boots. "Try that."

Harper did as Hope asked with the girl turning around as Harper quickly changed into the clothes that had been handed to her. When she was done, Hope turned around and a gentle smile fell on her lips as she looked at her best friend. "Harper, you look great. Black really suits you." Harper shyly smiled and Hope chuckled. "Tell me how it goes, won't you?"

"Alright." Harper nodded. "Thank you, Hope. And have fun with Landon." Hope only rolled her eyes and Harper chuckled before watching the girl exit her room. When she had woken up that morning, Harper had decided to give Scarlett a call, and seeing as it had been so early, Harper hadn't expected the girl to answer, but she did, and before she knew it plans were formed for the two to meet up. Harper swallowed thickly before exiting her room only to run into Josie, the one person she was hoping to avoid.

"Harper." Josie smiled before noticing her attire that was a lot more fancy then what she usually wore―︎which was usually simple jeans and t-shirt. "You look nice. What's the occasion?"

"Oh, I, uh, I have a date." Harper answered. "With Scarlett."

"Oh."

"Well, it's not a date date." Harper started. "I don't think. I'm not sure. All I know is I'm supposed to meet Scarlett soon and we're going to hang out."