𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:❝Merge❞︎

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
❝Merge❞︎

SHE LOOKED UP FROM HER BOOK WHEN THE SOUND OF JOSIE STIRRING COULD BE HEARD. She smiled as she watched the girl open her eyes, looking around for a moment before her eyes caught those of Harper. Harper offered the girl a small smile. "Morning, sunshine."

"Morning." Josie whispered, forcing herself to sit up. Harper went back to reading her book and Josie just stared at her for a moment. "Thanks for letting me sleep in here."

"Anytime." Harper nodded.

"Hey, after I get dressed, do you mind coming to the library with me? I have to look something up."

"Sure." Harper smiled. "I need another book to read anyways since I'm almost done with this one. I really need to get in touch with Scarlett and hang out with her so that she can take me back to the library over there."

"You and Scarlett are still going strong, huh?" Josie smiled.

Harper's smile fell, having forgotten to tell Josie that she and Scarlett had broken up. "I didn't tell you, did I." Josie frowned at this and Harper softly sighed. "Scarlett and I broke up."

"What?"

"Yeah. It was a mutual thing though. So, no one was hurt, and we're still friends."

"Harper, why didn't you tell me?"

Harper shrugged. "You had so much going on, I didn't want to put my problems onto you. So, I just kept it to myself. I haven't even told Hope yet."

"I'm so sorry." She placed a hand over Harper's, and Harper managed a small smile as she gave her hand a squeeze.

"It's alright." Harper assured. "Now, get dressed."

The two made their way towards the library before Josie walked over to the machine that allowed you to put in a word in order to help find the book you're looking for. Harper's eyebrows furrowed in confusion when Josie put the word "Merge" on there. They both turned when several books popped out, Josie walking up to one of them and grabbing onto it. They seemed to sit in the library for hours, trying to find out about this merge, but every page that talked about it seemed to be ripped from the books.

They looked up when Lizzie entered the room, a tray in her hands and a small smile on her face. Josie was quick to wave a hand over the books, making them all shut at once. Harper stood there awkwardly as Lizzie made her way over to them.

"I brought you some brain food." Lizzie told her.

Josie glanced at her before looking back down at the books. "I'm not hungry."

Lizzie set the tray down on the table. "It's all your favorite things."

"I'm gonna go. . ." Harper whispered, turning to walk away but Josie reached for her and stopped her, silently begging her to stay. Harper looked between the twins before nodding and interlacing her fingers with Josie's.