𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:❝︎Cupid Problem❞︎

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:
❝︎Cupid Problem❞︎

HARPER HAD SINGLE HANDEDLY TAKEN ALYSSA AND DRAGGED HER INTO THE CELLS. Hope had offered to help but when Harper's eyes glowed yellow, Hope decided it was best not to mess with Harper when she was angry. Hope wasn't scared of a lot of things, but Harper being angry was one of those things that she was definitely scared of. Harper was never angry, she was a very happy person for the most part, but this was a side of her Hope had only seen a few times and she would be happy to never see it again. Harper had roughly thrown the girl into the cell and Hope kept a hand on her shoulder to keep the girl from ripping Alyssa apart. The cell was locked and Alyssa was currently sitting on the floor with her back facing the two girls.

Harper had kept her distance, knowing that she needed to calm down if she wanted to get answers. She took deep breaths and when she was calm enough she joined Hope's side once more, her arms still angrily crossed over her chest. Hope was getting fed up with Alyssa's antics. She needed to get the Saltzman's back, if not for her sake then definitely for Harper's.

Hope had one hand on her hip and the other on the bar of the cell. "Enough with the illusion spells, Alyssa. Tell me where the ascendant is." Alyssa said nothing and Hope sighed. "Why isn't my truth spell working?"

"Hmm, I guess that anti-charm potion I took is working." Alyssa said and even though Harper couldn't see her face, she knew she was holding a smirk. She turned to look at the two girls.

"It is." Hope agreed. "Too bad―︎you could use a little charm." Alyssa did a back bend. "Enough with the games, Alyssa. Help me bring the Saltzman's back."

"Why, so you can be the hero and save the day?" Alyssa scoffed. She stood up from the backbend. "This isn't about you, Hope. Though, if I knew how annoying you'd be, I would have sent you away too. And I would have sent Harper away if I knew how much of a bitch she'd be."

Harper chuckled humorlessly, kissing her teeth. "How about this? You tell me where the real ascendant is, and I won't pluck your eyelash extensions out one by one."

"Sorry but, I don't negotiate with basic witches. So, I'm never going to tell you where the ascendant is. Namaste."

"Basic―︎" Harper let out a laugh, looking at Hope. "She's insane."

"Come on." Hope sighed. The two walked out from the cell and Harper was fuming. Hope looked at her. "Maybe we should go take a walk. So you can let off some of that steam that I can feel rolling off your body."

Harper nodded. "A walk sounds nice."

Hope smiled at her and put a hand on her shoulder as they made it to the woods. As they got deeper into the woods, Hope stopped. She held up a hand and Harper looked at her. Hope put a finger to her ear, telling her to listen. Harper did so and sighed when she heard Landon and then a bow string being pulled. The two girls quickly ran and as the arrow flew, Hope caught it. She looked at the perpetrator with raised eyes. He had bow and arrows as his weapon and white wings on his back. Hope nodded towards the man. "Who the hell are you?"