𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER THIRTY:❝︎Lizzie's Funeral❞︎

CHAPTER THIRTY:
❝︎Lizzie's Funeral❞︎

TODAY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LIZZIE'S FUNERAL, BUT WHEN HARPER WALKED IN AND SAW LIZZIE TRYING TO PLAN HER OWN, HARPER WAS POSITIVE THAT IT COMPLETELY DEFEATED THE PURPOSE. MG looked at Harper as she walked in, Harper raising an eyebrow in silent question. MG just sighed and shook his head, telling her that he'd already tried to convince Lizzie of the same thing but it wasn't working.

     MG looked at Lizzie. "If you're trying to play dead, managing your own funeral defeats the point."

     "I'm way ahead of you there." Lizzie turned to look at them. She held a ring in her hand, a giant red ruby on it. "That is what this freakishly large ring is for." She put it on and the ruby glowed and Lizzie turned into Hope. "I'm unique and special. And for some reason, I'm really emo about it. Wait here while I go sacrifice myself unnecessarily. How'd I do?" She smiled and Harper had to hide her amusement. Footsteps approached them making them turn to see Alaric, Kaleb, and Jed walking over to them.

     "What's going on here?" Alaric hissed.

     Lizzie, who still looked like Hope, said, "Hey, daddy.

     "What is going on?"

     "I figured since we're disguising Hope's body as me while she roots around in Josie's subconscious, that I could pretend to be her while she's gone." Lizzie explained. Kaleb hummed and before he could say anything else, Lizzie interrupted. "Wow, is she really this short?"

     "Elizabeth?" Alaric questioned his daughter.

     "You need me to oversee the funeral."

     Kaleb looked at her before turning to Alaric. "Are we really gonna roll with this? Like this is gonna happen. . ."

     "Dad!" Lizzie interrupted again and Alaric hummed. "The emotion has to be real. And who better to put together a touching memorial to me than me?"

     Alaric stepped towards her. "Uh, sweetie, I think it's a great idea, but I just―︎I think people are gonna figure it out."

     "Yeah, he's right." Jed agreed. "Pack's never gonna fall for this."

     Lizzie looked up at three wolves carrying in more flowers. She cleared her throat and walked towards them, gaining their attention. "Hello there, fellow wolves. So nice to see you again, Piper, Trevor, Brock."

     Brock spoke, "Yo, we're gonna build a human pyramid after the funeral, if you want to join."

     "I'd love to. And then maybe after we could run around outside and stare at the moon for a while."

     Brock smiled. "Nice. Yo, you rock, Hope."

     "Back at ya, Brockmeister." As they walked away, Lizzie turned to look at them. "The defense rests."