7

Omorfiá's POV
It's been a few hours since I have been with Percy and I have got to agree that he is different than any man I have ever known, he claims to be on a quest for my mother...to bring me back safely...I somehow sheltered myself from the fall. According to Percy it has been long since I have left and the times have changed.
As he promised, he introduced himself to me a few minutes after I woke up, I was really surprised to see a good breakfast prepared but when I asked him he just denied to have made it and said that a goddess blessed him and made him promise her to keep me safe. He soon introduced himself to be a child of Nike, a minor goddess...he also said that he had a mortal mother which means that he is a demigod though he seems a tad bit powerful for a demigod of a minor goddess.

He is hiding his aura so it only seems 0.0025% of what it truly is. And the one above it is just clever word play...the 2 things are not related.

As we walked I noticed a few things about Percy...first that he is extremely dense. He is very modest since he killed many monsters in the way but never bragged about it just asked me for my health which is unusual because he kills the monsters. Everytime we come across monsters he asks me if I want to kill them with or without him so I gather that he respects women and treats them like an equal...he almost seems perfect. I mean he is a good fighter, handsome, brave, respects me and treats me wonderfully, kind and so much more. I signed dreamily as I looked at him.
I quickly caught myself as I repeated the chant in my head - He is a man. Just like the others. He is not that good. Not much either just a demigod and that too of a minor goddess. Though he is surviving Tartarus...noooo...not happening...you are not gonna have a crush or fall in love with someone you just met.
"Hey are you okay? You look a bit different since a few minutes..."
"Oh so you were looking at me long enough to notice my face changed just a few minutes ago.",I say smirking.
"Well I gotta make sure that you are alright afterall this is not some garden or park...it's Tartarus.",he says like it's the most obvious thing in the world but I see a little red in his cheeks but brush it off thinking of it as a trick of light or darkness?
Disappointment fills my heart...wait disappointment? NonononoNoNONOOO! I am not falling for someone I barely know. Nope. Not gonna happen. I swear I am going to tackle and choke that wretched love goddess and her insufferable son when I get out of here...or if...surely this guy was not that good was he? He couldn't possibly get me through Tartarus. Could he???
I look at Percy just to catch him looking at me...was their something on my face...were my new clothes too wierd or something..I hear him mumble something about chocking someone to make them fade.
Suddenly my face goes red as his eyes meet mine and both of us suddenly look away.
"How much time will it take for us to reach the surface..."
"I think just a few hours now then we will reach the doors of death where we can tell a monster or someone to hold the button for us for twelve minutes..."
"How will you-"
"-you will soon find out""You should rest for now and preserve your energy I have a feeling you would need it when we chase after the doors of Thanatos."
"Chase...?", I say asking him to elaborate.
"Well you see when G-I mean a Primordial tried to take over the world they chained the doors of death so that armies of monsters, giants and titans could surface the Earth...the Primordial was not themself you see something tragic happened to them that made them give over to their other side-the bad one...it is not my story to tell.",he looked down as if sorry and... ashamed?
"It's ok...I will ask them",I assure him smiling.
"So how do you know this place have you been here before..."
"...it's not my first time...the first time I came here with someone...I was around 15...",he said lost in thought.
I was shocked...this mortal actually survived hell...and still looked sane...I sigh...I still had a lot to learn about my Percy...WAIT WHAT? Where the heck did that come from. I suddenly stumbled and fell as a stone stood in the way of my foot...and now I was falling, I shut my eyes tightly as I was a the ground littered with sharp and jagged stones that could easily kill me...or not...anyways they were scary. I shut my eyes waiting for the impact but it never came instead I felt an arm snake around my waist and warm breath against my neck.
Percy.
"Are you okay? You need to be more careful you could have gotten hurt."
His eyes were filled with concern.
He uses his other arm to cut a huge rock with his sword and I see in its place a bench kind of thing made out of rock. I was petrified...did he just...?
He gently took me and sat me on the rock, no bench as he checked for bruises. After he found none he breathed out a sigh of relief.
"Wait here."
Then he stood up from his kneeling position and walked away only to come back a few minutes later.
"Come with me. M-May I?",he inquired gesturing to my hand as I nod. He then grabbed my hand and took me to the place he set up camp.

***
Cold. That's all I felt as I shivered. How could Tartarus be so cold. Didn't it have a river of fire.
Suddenly I heard a groan of frustration. As they looked at the source of the sound, my eyes met Percy's ever-changing ones as he looked at me frustrated.
"W-Wh-What's ww-rr-wrongg?"
"You. You look so cold. YOU'RE PALE! And I can't do anything about it!"
"It's okay..."
I walked over to him around the campfire and hugged him...which suprised me more than it suprised him.
And to add to my suprise he hugged me back, tying knots in my stomach while huge butterflies thrashed in it. What was this feeling? Percy was the one who pulled back as disappointment came over my heart...ugghhhh...what was this...
Then his eyes lit up as a jacket appeared in his hands...I had learnt that this was Lady Hestia's blessing as he summoned fresh food and clothes for him and me everyday as he set up the 2 enchanted and luxurious tents that we slept in...well normally just me...he kept watch and barely went to his tent as he slipped in a meditation like state that he called 'the trance'. In this state he was half asleep and half awake...
Anyways....he gave me jacket and I instantly wore it...then he lit up a ball of fire in his hand and instantly felt better but still not well...as a warm feeling came over me and my vision felt blurry as I felt myself fall but caught by...Percy.
***