Chapter 8

Y/n POV

Tonight was my first night sleeping at Natasha's she had insisted I sleep on her couch until I find a place. She said it was probably better than sleeping on the cold concrete which is true.

"Can't sleep or won't sleep?" Natasha asked.

"Both." I said.

"Come here." she said as she sat down on the couch and patted her lap. Telling me to rest my head there. And I did. She helped me cover myself in the blanket she insisted on me having.

We didn't talk for a while but it was nice. The silence with her was always peaceful and comfortable.

"Natasha?" I asked as I fiddled with the ends of her silk pajama shorts.

"Yeah?" she replied.

"This has become a repeating topic but, why do you believe in me?" I asked. She let out a soft chuckle and ran her fingers through my hair. A slight shiver was sent down my back at the touch.

"I think the better question is why don't you believe in yourself," she said. I opened my mouth to answer but she cut me off. "And before you say because you don't trust yourself. You should look at the whole picture. You stopped being Doctor Poison for 5 years. You stopped killing for 5 years and you became a kindergarten teacher. Yeah you had a relapse but you haven't done anything since."

"I guess...wait how do you know about my relapse?" I asked.

"I found one of the towels you used to clean the blood," she said. "Don't worry, I didn't tell anyone."

"Thanks."

"No problem, I know how hard it is."

I forced a reassuring smile on my face even though she couldn't see it. We talked for about a half and hour before I ended up falling asleep in her lap.

When I woke up my head was still in Natasha's lap and she was running her fingers through my hair. I slightly turned my head to her, letting her know I was awake.

"Hey," I said and started to sit up. "How long have you been up?"

"About a half hour." she said simply.

"A half hour? You could have moved me so you could get up." I told her.

"I didn't wanna wake you," she said and got up and stretched. "You looked peaceful."

"Thank you. For letting me stay here." I said.

"It's no problem. I don't really like living alone so it's nice to have a roommate now," she said and starting to grab food out of the fridge. "Breakfast?"

"You cook?" I asked.

"Not really but it's edible at least." she said.

"Let me." I said and walked over to the kitchen area.

"You know how to cook?" she asked.

"My specialty is pancakes but I can make other things too." I said.

"Alright, let's see these special pancakes." she said and sat on the counter watching me as I worked. Putting in little comments as I went.

"What song is that?" she asked referring to ny humming.

"If You Love Her by Forest Blakk." I said.

"I've never heard that before." she said.

"I didn't know about it for a while but it's a good song." I said.

"Sing it for me." she said.

"Uh, no." I said.

"What? Come on, it's not like I haven't heard you sing before."

"You've heard me sing lullabies and nursery rhymes."

"Still singing."

"No."

"You wanna know something I've noticed over this past month?"

"What?"

"You. Are. Boring."

"Eat this." I said and shoved a piece of pancake in her mouth.

"Mmm," she hummed as she ate it. "You're right, definitely special."

"Here." I said and handed her a plateful of pancakes. She quickly devoured them making me giggle at her cuteness.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"See, you know that I know you're lying yet you still continue to go on." she explained.

"Maybe I just don't want to tell you." I suggested.

"And what exactly don't you want to tell me?" she asked jumping off the counter and walking towards me.

"You know, I never noticed how short you are." I teased changing the subject.

"I'm not short." she said.

"To me you are." I said.

"You're mean."

"I know."

"That wasn't a compliment."

"Neither are you." I said.

"That doesn't make any sense." she replied.

"Exactly."

Then there was a knock at the door that broke our conversation. "We're not finished here." she said and went over to open the door.

"Peter?" Natasha said looking at the teenage boy that was standing in her doorway.

"H-hi, Ms. Romanoff. Mr. Stark sent me over be-because he lost his phone and wants you to know he's throwing a party next Saturday." the boy said quickly.

"Oh, what kinda party?" I asked coming up behind Natasha.

"A-a costume party." the boy said.

"You can tell him I'll be there. And tell him I'm bringing a plus one." Natasha told him.

"A plus one? Who you taking?" I asked.

"You." she said.

"What?" I laughed, she didn't laugh. "Oh, you're serious?"

"Yes."

"I don't do parties," I said. "Especially, not a Tony Stark party."

"Well, you're coming whether you like it or not." Natasha said.

"Well, I'm gon-gonna go." Peter said and fast walked out.
_-_-_-_-_-_

*Narrator POV*

"How'd it go kid?" Tony asked when he walked out of Natasha's apartment building.

"She's coming and she said she's brining a plus one." Peter said.

"A plus one?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, the girl she's living with. Or dating? I couldn't really tell." he said.

"You did a good job kid, let's get going." Tony said and guided Peter to the car.
__________________________________

Hey, sorry for the dialogue over load but I just thought a bit of playful bickering was good for a starting relationship. Also, I liked the idea I had in my Natasha Romanoff story in my One-Shot book so I thought I'd include it.

In the coming chapters I will be giving a lot of song references or have the reader be singing a lot just a head's up. Thanks for reading. Bye.

Kiwi.