Chapter 9

Natasha's POV

Training with y/n got more fun then professional if I'm being honest. for the next week, she slept peacefully on my couch with no troubles or nightmares keeping her awake. It was nice seeing her do so good.

It's hard to not notice all the adorable little things she does. Like how she fidgets with her ring when someone's talking to her or how she's always humming or softly singing. And that's not even talking about her bright y/e/c or her perfect lips that I have to force myself not to kiss. I don't exactly know what this feeling is, I just don't want it to end.

"Natasha!" y/n yelled from the bathroom. I rushed over to see what was going on.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm, uh, stuck." she said shyly. It was then that I noticed her foot was wedged between the bus of the radiator.

"How-how did that ha-happen?" I asked holding back from laughing.

"I don't know," she said. "One second my foot is free and roaming about, the next it's stuck in the radiator and I can't get it out."

That did it. I burst out laughing and I saw her frown because she didn't think it wad funny.

"I didn't call you in here to laugh at me. I called you to help me." she said.

"Alright, alright." I said and tried helping her free her foot.

"Natasha!" yelled a voice followed by a knock.

"Who is it?" I asked as I struggled.

"It's Steve and Tony! Open the door!" Steve yelled.

"Kinda busy!" y/n yelled back.

"I think we might need help." I said and walked over to open the front door.

"What's going on in here?" Tony asked.

"We need help." I said and dragged Steve into the bathroom, Tony following close behind.

They both burst out laughing when they saw y/n trying to pull her foot out of the radiator. "Can someone please just help me get my foot out."

"Here." Steve said and he bent the bars that were trapping her foot.

"Thank you." she said.

"You should be more careful next time." I said.

"Question, what were you doing in the first place?" Tony asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it." she said and walked out of the bathroom with her stuff.

"Okay...anyway, we're going costume shopping and I figured you guys probably haven't gotten your costumes because you're too busy being Fury's pets." Tony explained.

"I'm not a pet." y/n highlighted.

"And what about me?" I asked. No one answered, they just looked away awkwardly.

"So, you guys wanna come or no?" Tony asked changing the topic.

"I'm in. Y/n?" I asked.

Y/n POV

"What?" I asked unaware of the current conversation.

"Do you want to come shopping with us?" Natasha repeated.

"Sure but I've already got my costume." I said and grabbed my coat.

"What is it?" Tony asked.

"It's a surprise."

2 hours of shopping later...

"Of course you would pick that. Out of everything, you want to be a creepy doll." I said.